A Superhost award from Airbnb: nice or naff?

Answered!
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

A Superhost award from Airbnb: nice or naff?

This shiny little trinket arrived yesterday, all the way from California. A small number of other London hosts have been awarded one too.

There's a bit of a debate going on as to whether they're nice or naff. 

I like it, I think. 

What say you?

IMG_8765.jpg

1 Best Answer
Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

wow twenty times! 5 years! That's not easy. One bad review or a cancellation can derail you. Good on you mate! I'm about halfway there myself. 2-3 more years maybe. 

View Best Answer in original post

62 Replies 62
Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Gordon0 Well, I am now suffering acute sadness as, although I am also a 20 time SH, I did not get one of these beauties.  Life is just not fair.  I shall continue to graze my sheep in my back garden while wiping my eyes and having a bit of a sulk.  

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Keep an eye, @Rachel0; mine only showed up late last week, and it's a long way from Airbnb-Land, sheep in tow or not.  

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Rachel0,

Congratulations on being a Superhost 20 times. It's fantastic and thanks so much for being amazing. 

I think they are still sending out the gifts, so watch this space...don't get the tissues out just yet. 🙂 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Rachel0 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼🥂👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼🥂👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼🥂👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼🥂

🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

@Gordon0 My house in Canada was about 90 years old- all the doors locked with the same skeleton key, including the back door. Front door actually had a normal key. I only had one key, and I managed to hang onto it for the 20 years I lived in that house. And fortunately no one ever picked the back door lock with a biro 🙂 It really only got used for the back door- I wasn't hosting or anything, just raising my 3 daughters, so no one ever locked the bedroom doors and the bathroom door had an inside latch.

@Ute42 I'd have happily - and gratefully! - traded my piece of ugly, worthless tat (delivered almost two months after the fact), for any one of your excellent alternatives... particularly the "top  placement in search results" suggestion. Now that  might've been a worthy, fitting reward for 5 solid years of exemplary service, and over 5000 happy Airbnb guests well taken care of. 

Call me a churlish ingrate, but a cheap tacky gold-sprayed keyring on a white metal tombstone, doesn't make me feel even the teensiest  bit "special", "valued" or "appreciated".. 😉

How many times do you have to be a SH to get 2%? 

David3267
Level 10
Torquay, United Kingdom

looks nice, I wouldn't say no!

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

And here's mine, alongside all the packaging they used to send it in... 

Screenshot_20190901-115400.png

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Could have been far worse had they involved Amazon. It would have been in a house-sized box.

Just as well it wasn't @Gordon0 - the delivery guy would never have been able to squeeze it in behind my wheelie bins, where the UPS driver chucked this one.. 🙂

Kira32
Level 10
Canary Islands, Spain

If it's made out of gold then yes I want it!!!!!

I'll just let it melt into a nice bracelet. My friend is a jewellery maker😂

If not gold then give it to someone who deserves it more than me😆

@Gordon0 congrats with 5 years hosting impressive👍💪

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey everyone,

Fun conversation here, it's interesting to hear your thoughts on this and who likes a bit of bling and who's not such a fan! 🙂 

Whether it's your cup of tea or not, as many of you have said, the thought at the heart of this little gift is to recognise and mark the occasion for those who have made it to Superhost 20 times in a row, which is pretty cool. Plus, there really aren't many of these, as they were designed just for those hosts who achieved this.

I know in the past here in the CC the beló key rings have always been a popular thing from many of you, so perhaps these will become as loved....(perhaps for those of you who don't put it on ebay). hehe

Thanks for sharing your ideas @Ute42, I like them. 

Congrats again to all of you who achieved this and thanks for all your hard work. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Who'd put their stuff on eBay, @Lizzie?

Oh, Jeff from LA, that's who...

I hope he gets more than a tenner.

Screenshot 2019-09-02 at 17.57.53.png

@Gordon0 

Lol!! I'd say Jeff is actually being a tad optimistic there.. 😂