A case of nudity, drugs and airbnb negligence and incompetence

Nahuel-Tobias0
Level 2
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica

A case of nudity, drugs and airbnb negligence and incompetence

Just a few weeks ago i had one of my worst experiences as a host, not only because of the stress and problems that the guest caused, but by the absolute negligence, uselessness of airbnb, I keep getting disappointed more and more by Airbnb.

This is what happened: I received a guest who was going to stay 4 nights, good reviews all seemed fine, but just a few hours before they even checked in they sent me a message via the airbnb chat asking me where could they buy ‘🍄’ in the area, i there I knew that this guests were going to be complicated

They checked in very late and had trouble finding the property, even went into a different property first and they seemed to be under the effects of who knows what.

They finally checked in and I assumed the worst was over, but oh no, they were walking fully naked around the common areas (garden) of the property, completely disrespecting and ignoring the rest of the people which included children, they were asked not to do that and to be mindful of the common area, which is clearly stated in the listing, i was receiving complains from the neighbours and people in the property, so i contacted the guest and asked them to have some respect and decency but they acted dumb like they didn’t know what was i talking about and as if they did nothing wrong, but they said they’d be more respectful, naturally at the same time I thought it was  a good idea to be also talking with airbnb support to only keep a record in case thing escalated.

Everything was okay with the guest, they understood, but all of the sudden the agent taking care of my case decided to contact the guest despite me asking airbnb not to do so yet, and I don’t know what was said to the guests but it made them very angry and to feel watched and uncomfortable (funny coming from persons who were exhibiting themselves naked to everyone around )

They decided to check out one day earlier,  and they were very angry and disappointed

Now, they left a bad review that harms my listing rating, and I find it baffling how airbnb is allowing these guests to leave a review, airbnb won’t take the review down despite the fact that they were doing drugs, asking for drugs and exhibiting themselves naked, I should’ve gone to the police instead of airbnb, airbnb just made this worse and won’t take responsibility for anything. I just want this review and everything related to this reservation gone, I shouldn’t continue to be affected by such a terrible guest.

Im just in complete show how is airbnb letting this slide and letting guests like this in the platform.

Absolutely disgusting, couldn’t be more disappointed with Airbnb. 

The review system needs to be completely redone and rethinked. And 

the Airbnb abysmal, incompetent Customer Support system should be fixed.

But this just proves again that the platform is broken and airbnb doesn’t care about anything other than money, so it’s best to deal with this things outside the platform since airbnb won’t do anything, they’ll even let you ask your host for drugs using the airbnb chat! What a great service and community! 👏

2 Replies 2
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Nahuel-Tobias0 ,

Am so sorry to hear about your guest experience and understand that it has not been a smooth sail. 

Since it has been a while, did you get in touch with Support again about your feedback?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Bhmika, I have not had exactly the same challenge as Nahuel-TobiasO.  My response is to you about getting in touch with Support.  I get hmmm, hmmm, okay, yes I hear you.  Then, that's it.  Reviews are not just numbers and numbers are not accuracy but emotions.  A guest doesn't like the location, I get dinged, the guest didn't read the instructions about the unit, I get dinged because I didn't communicate and I  posted the exact same notes and rules in my units. Too many rules, I get dinged.  But, you left a guest tear up a unit and I have to provide a photo of before, how long have I owned it, and then the replacement price is calculated.  Does the guest get put on suspension?  No