Additional guest charges

Answered!

Additional guest charges

What is a customary charge per day for additional guests?

1 Best Answer
Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Donald-And-Mary-Ann0 

I charge $25per person after 2 people even for children.

We only sleep 4 people. I have been doing this for 2 years. Occasionally I get asked for a discount but it depends of how many days staying.

At the same time I don't charge a cleaning fee and I feel that it goes towards it and laundry which I do myself.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Donald-And-Mary-Ann0 There isn't one. What a lot of hosts are trying to do is make their place affordable to small groups as well as making more money from large groups.

A better way is to have 2 listings - Say a 4 bed listing for 8 people and a 2 bed for 4 people. Locking off 2 bedrooms reduces the cleaning/wear and tear and this concept also allows blocking of the 2 bed listing in high season when you want to book the larger property.

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Donald-And-Mary-Ann0 

I charge $25per person after 2 people even for children.

We only sleep 4 people. I have been doing this for 2 years. Occasionally I get asked for a discount but it depends of how many days staying.

At the same time I don't charge a cleaning fee and I feel that it goes towards it and laundry which I do myself.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Donald-And-Mary-Ann0, Did you get a chance to read the suggestions from our lovely hosts? I'm also sharing an article 🔗here on how to add this fee, in case you find it useful.

Keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad