Additional guest charges

Additional guest charges

I've never used this website before.  The property I am looking at reflects the image below. It shows Taxes included in the Monthly Before Taxes.  Are there other taxes to be paid?  Also, some listings show an Airbnb fee.  If it is not listed in the Payment Details will there still be an separate Airbnb fee?

John7894_0-1707519663960.png

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@John7894 Go to checkout to be sure (where it says you won't be charged yet) but it is likely that the host is paying the Airbnb service fees (some do, many do not). Also worth checking the listing rules carefully as some places will charge extra for utilities etc. Finally you may see an extra charge for places like Venice that charge a per day fee per guest that has to be collected locally but these are very rare.

And really finally - If the price is very low (too good to be true) it may be that its a scam so read the reviews carefully. 99% of the time you'll be fine so don't stress on this one as long as you pay through Airbnb.

Jessica134
Level 4
Los Angeles, CA

After 31 days the tot tax goes away so always book 31 days not 30.

2) you wont see full amount owed including the airbnb fee until the next page just before booking. Hope this helps 

Thanks for the info.  I wonder if the tax is based on the property location because my booking is actually 61 days but the tax is still included in the listed fees.

Jessica134
Level 4
Los Angeles, CA

If you already booked ask the host to add a day to recovery the city tax amount