Afraid to leave a bad review

Milagros163
Level 2
New Haven, CT

Afraid to leave a bad review

I started this Airbnb two months ago. I got great guests, ok guests, and Not so good guests. I  am afraid to be open honest and give a bad review to these “not so good guests” because they will retaliate and give me a bad review as well. Tell me what would you do? be honest?  or avoid getting upset guests that will retaliate later in your review?

4 Replies 4
Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Milagros163 ,

They can only see your review after they submit theirs or after 14 days, at which point they can no longer leave a review. A strategy I read in the community, if they haven’t written a review yet, is to wait until the last day (there’s a countdown to track it) and then submit your honest review to inform other hosts. If they write a review within the 14-day period, you can immediately submit yours.

you can tell if they’ve written a review by checking the pending reviews tab in ‘Today'.

For the great guests you’re confident will leave a positive review, you can go ahead and be the first to write one.

all the best, 

@Guy991 

Great advise.   

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Milagros163 

I also try to practice when I give a negative review I write it in the manner I wish a guest would leave me a negative review.  Honest  bur not emotional.  If they broke house rules then I don't detail every flaw for  the internet.  Guest did not respect my house rules.  That is all you need to say.  You are not submitting a court brief to convince anyone.  You know, they know and future Hosts are careful for the right reason.  A guest who doesn't respect rules.

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Milagros163 😊

Thank you for asking this in the community! 

@Marie8425 and @Guy991shared valuable advice. 😍

What do you think about it? Did it help you understand what to do?

Are you still feeling bad about leaving a negative review?

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center