Air con and costs

Air con and costs

Hello,

I am new to hosting. 
I have Air con in each room of my house in Italy. And nowadays  price of electricity are skyrocketing . Is there a way to tackle this issue with Airbnb? Can we add a sort of extra tariff for guests that want Air con during their stay particularly during summer time? 
many thanks

Fab

1 Reply 1
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Fabrizio-E-Lorenzo0 

It's a big subject at the moment and it is effecting lots of people around the world, Here in Phuket our electric has gone up 300%, like you mostly A/C 

If you search through the CC you will find a few topic's infact some group from Italy have messaged Airbnb about this.

The only thing you can do at the moment is charge extra for electric but you have to have it in your house rules you cant just charge the guest without telling them,

Put a sign in your house asking people to turn it off when they go out, and close all windows and doors when they have it on.

Other than that you can install a Keycard system like they have in hotels where you have to drop you card in the electric comes on, 

There needs to be on airbnb like the xtra cleaning fee's and pet fee's, should be electric fee's,

What I have done I took my highest bill and divided by 30 days and increased my rate to cover it, then I added a cleaning fee to cover some of the increasing cost.