Air cover

Corinne509
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Air cover

Hello.

I have been a host since 2017. I have done well now with 7 properties. I was becoming a bit concerned regarding hosting due to the increase in issues with guests.

Back in Aug I had a guest leave 7 large white bath towels 6 white hand towels and a few wash clothes left out on the back deck covered in desert dust. I have photos showing how dirty they were. Also they didn't remove the garbage which is all I ask of my guests plus he broke a couple shot glasses in addition I had to pay additional cleaning. All amounting $220. No biggie right?  Air cover denied my claim.

Now I had a guest who he admitted to braking my bed yes broke it in half. He called me that night so drunk I could barely understand him. Im thinking he fell on the bed and broke it. I reported to air cover with photos and receipts. They denied me again. Air cover is a joke they don't cover anything and should stop advertising it. It's creates a false sense of security. I open my places up I make money Airbnb makes lots of money but DO NOT protect the hosts. 

15 Replies 15

Similar experience here. Guests did extensive damage. Broke a bed, kitchen counters needed replacing linens missing, dishwasher broken, the house utterly filthy, garden full of takeout containers they threw off the balcony.

It took a while to get all of the repairs done (loss of income). I contacted Airbnb about the time frame and was assured I could claim when I had the paperwork.

Now I am subject to relentless series of bots ["ambassadors" LOL] asking the same questions over and over.

Time to move my 3 properties to VRBO!!