AirBnb Deleted our Review

Brian3056
Level 1
Marietta, GA

AirBnb Deleted our Review

Airbnb just deleted our review without giving any option to modify the review.  It's our right as guest to leave a review.  Not just have them deleted.   If Airbnb doesn't like the review they should work with the guest to correct the review.

We bagged our trash and put it into a trashcan.  The host opened up our sealed trash and went through it.  That was very creepy having someone open up and dig through our personal trash.   I think most people would want to know how weird it is to have someone going through your personal trash.   

We we put that in the review and Airbnb just deleted our review all together. They didn't give us the opportunity to change the review or anything.   Everything in the review we had 100% proof and it wasn't just opinion. 

If this host did it to us they will do it to other people but you would never know because any negative reviews are just deleted with no recourse.  Very unfair to us and any future guest staying here as they would have no idea as to what goes on at this place...

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Brian3056 I would call Airbnb and ask them to reinstate the review - They will not allow it to be edited. Sadly you may well have breached the review guidelines but without seeing the review it is impossible to comment further.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Brian3056

Did you reach out to Airbnb Support about this? What was the result if so? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Brian3056 

With millions of customers Airbnb doesn't have time I'm afraid to work with individual hosts and guests to amend reviews .

if they feel a review doesn't meet its content criteria they will sometimes remove them.

I would go back to their customer services and ask them to help you understand how it doesn't meet their review policy @Brian3056 

Jason2658
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Left a very fair and reasonable review and it wasn't 5 stars. The host had Airbnb immediately remove the review. Airbnb won't tell me why and I can't leave another review. THAT'S RIGHT! IF YOUR REVIEW IS DELETED, YOU CAN NO LONGER LEAVE A REVIEW AT ALL! That's the secret behind wonderful 5 star properties!