Airbnb Cancelled our Reservation

Carolyn905
Level 1
Eugene, OR

Airbnb Cancelled our Reservation

Airbnb cancelled our holiday rental within 30 days of our trip. Coincidentally, the same thing happened to my sister two weeks prior to a trip she had planned. While Airbnb offered to help us find a similar vacation rental, I didn't feel comfortable making a second reservation. The idea of traveling across the world and not knowing whether our reservation was secure is too unnerving. Because it's prime tourist season at our destination, it's much too late to find a hotel we can afford. We're out the cost of our airfare and the shuttle buses we booked. Beware of Airbnb - that's my new message to my friends and family. It might be cheaper than hotel or resort accommodations but there is no security, even if you've paid in full as we did. It might be a fine option for a weekend away but this was a big trip for my family and one we planned a year ago. 

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Carolyn905 Sadly even hotels have to cancel on guests sometimes. If Airbnb offered to find you another place to stay I am wondering what more you want them to do.