Airbnb Cleaning App

David8724
Level 2
Talavera de la Reina, Spain

Airbnb Cleaning App

Hi, 

My name is David and I am a student of Maastricht University. I have created an application that provides cleaning services to airbnb's and would like to know more about the opinion of airbnb owners. What the application provides is 2 things:

1 Allow airbnb owners to clean their airbnb when they do no have time to prepare it themselves for the guests.

2 Allow airbnb owners to rent their airbnb even when they are out of town.  

You can visit the web page here :  www.airbnb-butler.com 

(Only desktop version is available so you will have problems accessing with your phone)

I would love to know what is your opinion about the idea and if it is a service that you will consider using. In case you are interested I'll be more than happy to know your opinion. You will find the details in the about us section of the webpage . The project is still in an initial stage that it's why all feedback is highly appreciated.

Thanks !!

David

**[Name hidden - Community Center Guidelines]

5 Replies 5
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@David8724  I can assure you that hosts already have their cleaning systems in place. I don't see any use for your app. 

And advertising and links to your website are not allowed on this forum.

David8724
Level 2

Hi @Sarah977  !! Thanks for the feedback ! The purpose of the app is mainly for those situations when hosts are out of town and can't clean the apartment themselves. It would be great if you could give it a a 5 min try and let me know your opinion more in depth.

Please note that my message purposes are not for advertising as the service is not available yet. It is mainly to get the opinion of hosts on what could be improved 

Thanks a lot,

David Lobo

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@David8724  The majority of hosts do not clean entire place listings themselves, they already have cleaners. And if they do clean themselves, and wanted to go out of town, they would require more than a cleaner- if a host is not available to deal with guests, they  use a local co-host in their absence. 

Nor would hosts be likely to use an untried cleaner gotten off an app. Most cleaners require training by the host to do an adequate job.

I would not go out of town and have guests. I block my calendar when I am not in town and it's not for a lack of a cleaner. So your app would be of no use to me. 

I don't know why people who are not hosts themselves think they know what would be useful to hosts. There have been many people with similar postings here-  ideas for apps, which are not at all necessary for hosts, as there are already  ways to do what the proposed app does. 

David8724
Level 2

Hi @Sarah977 once again thank you, that is exactly the kind of information I wanted to receive. As said earlier, the main purpose would be for those situations in which the host is out of town and cannot block the calendar (imagine job related circumstances).

Regarding your comment about the cleaners is actually quite insightful. What would you think about having let's say 3-4 cleaners who you actually trust and know in details how to leave the house in perfect state ? 

Could you please also explain the concept of co-host ?

Please also note  that I don't claim to know what is useful for hosts and that is the exact reason why I wanted to hear your opinions, to learn what would be valuable for you  🙂

Once again thanks a lot. Would also like to hear any other problem that might be related regarding airbnb cleaning or thing that you will consider useful (not necessarily with cleaning).

In case you want to give it a super fast  5 min try and let me know your opinion (I know that it does not apply for your particular situation) I will be extremely grateful. You can use the following credentials

Username: demo_user@example.com

Password: user

Thanks!!

David Lobo

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@David8724  

"Could you please also explain the concept of co-host ?"

If a host is not around to deal with guests during their stay, they use  a co-host, because there are things that can come up that need to be dealt with in person.

I see you do have history as a guest, so say, for instance, that the water heater stops functioning while you are staying at an Airbnb- it will need to be fixed, a plumber will need to be called, the work needs to be overseen to make sure it is now functioning. Or the guest somehow locks themselves out of the house or the lock breaks. The co-host would deal with this. 

In other cases, the neighbors might complain that the guests are throwing a party and there are 30 people whooping it up at a listing for 4 guests. The co-host would be the one to go over and shut down the party and boot the guests out, calling the police if necessary. The host can't deal with things like that if they are out of town.

A co-host might be a friend or family member who agrees to take over when the host isn't around, or someone who co-hosts as a regular job. There might even be a co-host listed when the primary host is around, for instance a husband and wife team. One is listed as the host and one as the co-host, so guests don't go "Wait a minute, I thought Susie was my host, who is this man who showed up to check on the Wifi issue?"