Airbnb Customer Service

Carla1358
Level 2
Eugene, OR

Airbnb Customer Service

I made a claim with Airbnb on 3/19/2023 for additional cleaning charges from a guest who brought an unauthorized 3rd guest, and two dogs. During their stay they consumed drugs and alcohol, and had sex. I blocked the guest and refused to write a review. Now, his review is public. ABB promised to help me to dispute this review. After phone calls and messaging, no response. The claim is going nowhere as well. Only ridiculous emails saying it's the end of their shift and will get back to me on a certain date. The date comes and there is no correspondence. I've asked for a supervisor many times but they tell me they may not transfer me to one. I can only receive a call back. Of course, that hasn't happened yet either as promised. I just got another message informing me that it was the end of their shift. Any concrete advice? 

Thanks,

Carla

8 Replies 8
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Carla1358 ,

I know you wouldn't want to hear the same words from me as well, and I totally understand how you feel about getting nowhere with your situation.

But, please be assured that I have raised this to the team from my side, if they can get in touch with you sooner.  

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you Bhumika!

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Carla1358 I always lose a bit of sympathy when a host doesn't leave a review for a bad guest. Also you have a no-sex rule in your listing?

Dear Mike and Jane,

The reason I did not leave a review is because I was offered twice by Airbnb ambassadors that they would help me dispute the review during this process. This made me believe that his review would be promptly removed. Further, as the conversation(s) went, it was implied he would be removed/blocked from Airbnb. 

Now I see, this may have been placating. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why would you not leave an honest review of your experience with these guests to warn future hosts. @Carla1358 

I am sorry you are having a difficult experience with customer services regarding your claim and removal of the guest review. Having read the guest's review I am not sure what grounds you would have for removing it. Perhaps you could clarify which T&C under the review you feel are grounds for them removing it.

I was a little confused as to your comments about the guests having sex at your listing. Is this something you have a ban on at your listing?

Dear Helen,

The reason I did not leave a review is because I was offered twice by Airbnb ambassadors that they would help me dispute the review. This made me believe that his review would be promptly removed. Further, as the conversation(s) went, it was implied he would be removed/blocked from Airbnb. 

To answer about sex, the guest 's purpose of booking my property was to consume alcohol, drugs, smoke, and have sex. Basically, have an unauthorized party, which is against my house rules. The consequence was additional cleaning and ionizing the space to restore it to its original, prestine condition. For which, I am filing a claim. This small claim and review dispute are taking an exorbitant amount of time which is why I reached out to the community to see if there are other ways to reach Airbnb supervisory support. 

Best,

Carla 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi @Carla1358 - in my experience with claims, they come through no questions asked when you present the guest with the charges first; if the guest refuses, Airbnb steps in and covers it.  If you don't have an invoice from a cleaning company showing the extra cleaning charges as a line item, you probably will not get reimbursed.  Sorry about that guy's review.  Over time it will be buried and most guests are savvy enough to recognize a one-off when they see it.  $70 a night is pretty low so I hope soon you'll be able to raise that to keep out the riff-raff.

I faced almost the same situation and the same respnse from ABB. I still shocked what the guest for illegal prost.. did in my apartment and how ABB deal with it. I still have no idea what ABB undertaken to stop that illegal group moving in Europe and offering their service in the apartments of other people. I sent him all information and evidence and they asked for invoices. **!

**[Content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]