Airbnb Support not helping

Mohammad205
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Airbnb Support not helping

Hi all,

I’m typing because I’m in a desperate situation where Airbnb support isn’t responding and keep closing my issues that I open.

I booked an apartment from someone who now I think is a fake, since they never responded, and their phone didn’t work, and I ended up having to desperately book another place on the day itself at approx $150 per night extra for 3 nights. While the host only got penalised $100.

While Airbnb refunded me the old apartment, they wouldn’t help in all the other payments that I had to incur, and then closed the case even though I told them the issue is not resolved.

I'm trying to get any rights here for all this money, time, and international calls I wasted, and Airbnb is just not responding to any request.

Is this a common thing in Airbnb? Does the guest have no rights? Because I feel that this encourages fraudsters and punishes loyal Airbnb guests.

Any help would be great, or if someone knows how to escalate such matters, Simon E Airbnb Support is completely unhelpful.

4 Replies 4
M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Sybe 

Can you escalate?

Manina

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@M199 Thanks for the tag, I can definitely try!

@Mohammad205 I'm sorry to hear about this, I can imagine how frustrating that must be for you. I'll forward this to the team now for them to review again. They should be in touch with you and if I get an update in the meantime I'll let you know.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Mohammad205
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Thank you @Sybe and @M199 for the response and I hope you can help. Because the Airbnb support team Jonathan, Madeline C, Ivan Peter and Gian have not helped one bit and kept closing my support cases when the issues were not sorted out.

After countless tries, I had to resort to the community and social media for help.

PS. this is not even the entire story, there's still more issues that happened during this time, such as: a week before the stay, Airbnb sent me an email saying someone that I've been in contact with has violated the T&C, but upon trying to learn more, and literally begging them to help me as I was worried that this host was the one, they refused to tell me what the violation was or who the person is. And then as usual they closed the case.

... And there's more but it's too long to write in these discussions.

This truly was a nightmare and sadly Airbnb provided no help. 

Robert6597
Level 2
Columbus, OH

I am having the same issue with Airbnb support. They just keep closing my case without assisting me and I am at a loss as to how I can get assistance...