Airbnb Suspension and Account Ban

Max1814
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Airbnb Suspension and Account Ban

Airbnb punishes us for cancelling reservations by cancelling 256 of our upcoming reservations, suspending our account, and notifying us that our account will be banned after our last guest checks out on September 30, 2024,  leaving our guests stranded. They then try to block our guests from being able to re-book their stay at our property. Not a great business model. Way to treat hosts who have made millions for you and helped build your platform for the last 5 years as superhosts with over 25 properties. Disgraceful. 

27 Replies 27

@Mike-And-Jane0 looks like you have some duplicate listings as well for that ONE HOME you rent out so you're really one to talk. Our duplicate listings were not meant to circumvent any bad reviews, they were simply made so that we have a way to make revenue when Airbnb's rogue underworld department with no phone line decides to unilaterally suspend a listing without any follow up or discussion. Welcome to big tech. Also, @Mike-And-Jane0 there is no bait and switching going on. If there is a problem with one of our homes, and you should know just how much guests abuse homes, and you have other homes available, you can give guests the option to stay at another home. They have to accept the alteration request either way. 

If you look further into the reviews, you can also see how Airbnb allows guests to tear up hosts in reviews for enforcing their quiet hours policy. This clearly does not help enforce peace in neighborhoods since now hosts are incentivized to allow noise.

There was literally a swat team standoff and killing at an airbnb involving the host close to where I live. You can actually see it here: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=swat+team+clairemont. This host was not banned from the platform and in fact her listing is still active to this day. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/688564824279581401?guests=1&adults=1&s=67&unique_share_id=18aeb848-1e89...

The fact of the matter is that Airbnb has a surplus of hosts and a shortage of guests. They are more concerned about the guest experience, which I get. But to simply boot off hard working hosts who Airbnb has been profiting off of for 5 years with no explanation prior is simply egregious. Clearly my account is still active so that should be an indicator that I'm doing something right. Can't wait to have my day in arbitration. We will be asking for $3 million in relief. Anyone interested in joining a class action lawsuit, please message me. To this day, still have not received a phone call from Airbnb. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Max1814 Just for the record we have 3 listings. They comprise a 3 bed, a 2 bed, and a 3 bed flat all in the same building. None duplicate the others! Good luck with your arbitration but as you have admitted to circumventing Airbnb rules with duplicate listings to evade their policies I suspect you may not succeed. Finally you have agreed, by using the platform, to not bring/join a class action lawsuit. No idea if this agreement is legal in the USA.

@Mike-And-Jane0 Do you work for Airbnb or something? Why are you trying to discourage class action lawsuits? This is the right of citizens and protects consumers. Do you know how much Airbnb has violated their own policies over the years? Do you know how corrupt they are? What do you think happened during Covid?  Oh yea that's right, Airbnb agreed to a massive payout for a class action lawsuit. There have been many others to follow. Airbnb is the epitomy of big tech bullies with a rogue underworld department that loves to cancel people.  After being enriched with millions of dollars, shouldn't they at least use some lube before they bend hosts over? They don't care about you. They care about what benefits them. They adjust their terms and conditions unilaterally to basically let them do whatever they want whenever they want.  @Mike-And-Jane0 just wait until Airbnb kicks you to the curb too when the creepy grandmas haunted house vibe you offer doesn't benefit their business model anymore. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Max1814 Stylish insult - Sadly I have no idea what a 'creepy grandma haunted house vibe' means so it is somewhat wasted on me.

And again, for the record

1) No I don't work for Airbnb

2) No idea what class action happened re covid but Airbnb did everything right in the UK including full refunds for those not allowed to go to the Airbnbs they have booked

3) As far as we know the house is not haunted - I guess any paranormal activity is limited to the much older church and graveyard next door.

What's it like living in a country that's so friendly to short term rentals? 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Max1814 It feels quite good to me. There are laws in place in London limiting rentals to 90 nights per year to protect housing stocks and changes are being made re planning permission that will allow tourists to co-exist with locals. Hopefully as these develop a sustainable industry will be created that will allow hosts, locals, and guests to all benefit.

@Mike-And-Jane0 so someone being murdered resulting from a Host's action on Airbnb doesn't even cause you to bat an eye but a host cancelling on Airbnb is a major issue for you? Makes sense! 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Clearly @Mike-And-Jane0  dont have duplicate listings they have three separate listings  @Max1814 

Yes @Mike-And-Jane0 and airbnb verified any cancellations as falling under their extenuating circumstances policy. Email roger.wong@airbnb.com for more details. He apparently is the one in charge of blacklisting hosts now. 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

I've never cancelled a guest in nine years of hosting @Max1814  why have you had to cancel multiple bookings ?

@Helen3 your only listing is a room for rent. For hosts with 20+ whole house properties, there is so much maintenance to take care of and more people abusing your property. If you ever venture outside of listing one room for rent, then you might have a better understanding 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

IMG_2430.png

Yes Helen, what is your point?