Airbnb Suspension and Account Ban

Max1814
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Airbnb Suspension and Account Ban

Airbnb punishes us for cancelling reservations by cancelling 256 of our upcoming reservations, suspending our account, and notifying us that our account will be banned after our last guest checks out on September 30, 2024,  leaving our guests stranded. They then try to block our guests from being able to re-book their stay at our property. Not a great business model. Way to treat hosts who have made millions for you and helped build your platform for the last 5 years as superhosts with over 25 properties. Disgraceful. 

34 Replies 34

@Mike-And-Jane0 

Hmm... this is a special one. Max has a few good points. And his ratings aren't bad, so there must be some happiness with his offerings amongst guests.

And it wouldn't be entirely surprising that Airbnb would make such a grave error in judgement, although it does occur to me that they must have something serious, or else they wouldn't have taken it this far. It's not remotely in their interest to do that.

But we do not and cannot know the entire story here. Yet the circumstances are a bit iffy, Max is clearly pretty ruffled and is becoming irrational and contradictory. That's not a good sign.

It's probably best not to escalate this much further. We don't really know what's going on here. If it's Airbnb's mistake, then it's a grave one. If it's Max's negligence, then it's probably better that he is taken off the platform. It may be a bit of both.

But we really don't know.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Oh dear @Max1814 I'm a cohost too so manage whole listings too. So I have a good understanding of managing whole listing . Still have never had to cancel a guest.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

IMG_2430.png

Yes Helen, what is your point? 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

You asked where people saw the number of listings you have @Max1814