Airbnb calls after messaging an inquiry?

Answered!
Greta138
Level 1
Boone, NC

Airbnb calls after messaging an inquiry?

I messaged Airbnb to ask for help with my listing. Instead of messaging me back, they decided to call. I was so annoyed. They said that it was a new policy - something that they do for Superhosts. If I wanted to talk to someone, I would have called. Why the new policy?  I tried to contact Airbnb to provide feedback, but I keep getting their ambassadors so I'm posting here in the hopes that they'll read this and take it into consideration. 

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Greta138 @Mike-And-Jane0 ,

Airbnb Support strives to always respect the Host's communication preferences. This was a one-off mistake, and it does not reflect the standard practice in place for Dedicated Superhost Support. 

We have ensured that this feedback has reached the appropriate team.

Thanks again for such important feedback. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Greta138 This has happened to me a couple of times now. I guess they believe they are being friendly and pro-active but actually I can see how annoying it would be if I was busy.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Greta138 @Mike-And-Jane0 ,

Airbnb Support strives to always respect the Host's communication preferences. This was a one-off mistake, and it does not reflect the standard practice in place for Dedicated Superhost Support. 

We have ensured that this feedback has reached the appropriate team.

Thanks again for such important feedback. 

-----

@Bhumika Just to be pedantic it was at least a 'three off' mistake not a 'one-off'.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

@Mike-And-Jane0 Ah!! In case you encounter this again, please do let us know and we will make sure that the incident is reported to the correct team.

-----

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Greta138 I think many people would actually really appreciate a call from a real person. Vrbo systematically rings home owners and if you see the complaints on here from those who cannot get through to Airbnb CS then you might well  be pleased., I hope they resolved your issue...H

@Greta138. Yes this was happening to me before SH, despite my communication preferences showing as via messages (I have never phoned CS). CS would then message me to say they tried to call, I would then say I dont usually take international calls and we would move onto messages. I know some hosts like a call, but when it happens late at night or early in morning its a real pain. Besides, messages leaves a clear audit trail of communications.

These days as a SH it seems to be working better and I get all my responses via messages. Hope it works out for you as well.