Airbnb deduct Host money - Unreasonable refund for customers, do not explain the reason, and close the case without explanation to the Host.

Ha10
Level 2
Hanoi, Vietnam

Airbnb deduct Host money - Unreasonable refund for customers, do not explain the reason, and close the case without explanation to the Host.

Hello community,

I have been a Host on Airbnb for over 6 years with over 1000 reviews.
I have this question, I wonder if any Host has encountered the same problem as me, and what should I do next:

- The customer booked my apartment
- 2 hours before check-in time, he requested to cancel the reservation due to family changes in plans and requested a full refund.
- We refused his request.
- Time 1: An ambassador from Airbnb contacted us to ask about refunds, and we made it clear that we couldn't because last-minute refunds were not possible.
- Second time: 15 days later, that booking was canceled by Airbnb under the status Cancellation by Host. In addition to deducting 100% of the booking value, Airbnb also applied a penalty fee to the Host.
I appeal about the results of Round 2

- Airbnb responded that the address on the confirmation did not match the actual address that I believe the customer photoshopped into the confirmation
- Airbnb accused me of changing my address ==> I asked Airbnb for proof, but they couldn't give proof.
My listing has been active for nearly 8 months and has many good reviews before.

I want to receive a strong confirmation: That listing is already booked, which means we cannot correct the address, I constantly asked airbnb to give proof that I corrected the address, but they cannot give it by closing the case.

I am extremely disappointed with Airbnb's unbased way of working. **

**Formatting edited by Community Manager

0 Replies 0