Airbnb does not support hosts when vengeful guests leave inaccurate reviews.

Answered!
Anne1057
Level 6
St. John's, Canada

Airbnb does not support hosts when vengeful guests leave inaccurate reviews.

It really seems that Airbnb is a company that serves travellers and not hosts. A guest may leave false information and a 1 star review for properties that otherwise are receiving 5 star ratings and, rather than investigating the situation, Airbnb sends the host a supercilious message telling them to do better.

It seems that Airbnb's policy gives free rein for guests to act out unreasonably and hosts just have to suck it up. For the amount hosts pay  this corporation with its multi-billion dollar annual profits, Airbnb could easily implement policies that require responsible guest behaviour and reviews. To date, this is not the case.

1 Best Answer
Tonya2
Level 2
Wailua Homesteads, HI

Yes that’s 💯 percent true.

The hosts have no say in any matter.

Super Host means absolutely nothing. 
airbnb will always side with guests and there is nothing a host can do about it.

Hosts are totally discriminated against. Not treated equal to guests, but have zero say or value. 

Your cancellation policy means zilch.

airbnb for hosts is nothing more than smoke and mirrors. 
Reviews don’t matter to them.

Nothing is taken into account benefiting the host.

Contacting Airbnb will only result in robot like “script” responses that is basically word salad that answers nothing but stock responses.

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7

@Paula 

Tonya2
Level 2
Wailua Homesteads, HI

Yes that’s 💯 percent true.

The hosts have no say in any matter.

Super Host means absolutely nothing. 
airbnb will always side with guests and there is nothing a host can do about it.

Hosts are totally discriminated against. Not treated equal to guests, but have zero say or value. 

Your cancellation policy means zilch.

airbnb for hosts is nothing more than smoke and mirrors. 
Reviews don’t matter to them.

Nothing is taken into account benefiting the host.

Contacting Airbnb will only result in robot like “script” responses that is basically word salad that answers nothing but stock responses.

Airbnb Failed Hosts, Guests, and Co-Hosts: A Cautionary Tale

_Review:_

I'm sharing my horrific experience with Airbnb to warn others. Despite my dedication to hosting, the company's neglect and disregard for safety, well-being, and fair treatment have left me traumatized.

_Electricity and fire hazards:_ Unaddressed power box issues and electricians refusing to touch it due to fire risks.

_Guest comfort and safety:_

- No hot water heater for 7 days over Christmas due to owner's cost concerns.

- Railings removed from 2nd-floor balcony.

- Downstairs floor ripped up from midnight to 6 a.m.

- City-issued stop work order ignored.

_Unregistered guests and unsafe conditions:_

- Underage guests (14-17 years old).

- Babies and unregistered guests.

- Blocked fire exits.

- Yard destruction.

_Owner's exploitation:_

- Denied fair payment (percentage of property).

- Played both sides, prioritizing profits.

_Airbnb's indifference:_

- Ignored repeated reports and concerns.

- Failed to support hosts and co-hosts.

_Rating:_ 1/5 stars (only because I can't give 0)

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Jules252 👋

I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience. Have you contacted Airbnb Support to raise these concerns? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Not only did I contact them for 4 years while host and 2 years after fact while they continue to use my name. But two weeks ago they agreed to a settlement asked for the papers my attorney cover we sent everything... within 3 days my attorney received response asking him what this was.  They knew nothing about it. However I have Airbnb saying yes since settlement papers and I have Airbnb saying yes sign and sent back with your attorney letter . The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing and they don't care. But this is my mental health so when you tell someone you're going to settle that you're sorry you should mean it.... but they did exactly what they've done for the past 6 years. Just continue to pile on the mental abuse.

@Jules252  @Rebecca 

I am not sure I understand your comment since your profile is an 8 year guest but with no trips?

I wasn't a guest I was a co-host for 6 years in NSBbreak New Smyrna Beach. The owners were very young very well to do and they bought it in 2 weeks after I came on board. They were not part of the property. Instead of putting roofs on or water heaters or actually taking care of any part of the property they bought helicopters and took flying lessons. I built it I did it all. And two years into it I completely ran the property and that's when a little bit of the trouble started and I reached out to Airbnb but 2020 is when it got really bad. I will never be in airbn Beast guest. I will never give them money they owe me money. And I was a very good host for them from 2016 to 2022. Seven Bungalows with 28 people on the property any given time. Don't know who you are doesn't matter. I have so many records it's not even funny 122 people that will step on a witness stand and pictures to last a lifetime. This is my mental health not yours so I understand that you don't care but I do so thanks so much for your time walking away now.