Airbnb provides no support for hosts in West Maui and damages future tourism.

Christian149
Level 2
North Vancouver, Canada

Airbnb provides no support for hosts in West Maui and damages future tourism.

Airbnb is allowing guests at my West Maui property to cancel without penalty and refusing to payout. They will also not say how long they will do that for. Despite the perception in the media that Wesxt Maui is closed, my property is ready for this guest and there is nothing that is preventing guests from travelling to West Maui and enjoying all that Maui has to offer. My cancellation policy covers this situation.. If Airbnb is going to unilaterally decide to override my cancellation policy, they had better have real and accurate information about what is happening on the ground. They state that they want "prioritize the safety and well-being of the guest and their family". Show me this information that shows that it is not safe or closed. WE are on the ground in Maui at our property. The road is open, many stores (food gas station etc.) are open, and power, water, cell, and internet is working.
Airbnb says they " care about our hosts and the impact from the recent wildfires ". Their actions here show the opposite - that they do not care for hosts or the businesses on Maui that need tourism dollars to survive. They (along with the inept Governor of Hawaii) have perpetuated the perception to the general public that West Maui is closed. This is extremely bad for Airbnb, for me the host, for Maui, and for future travel. If Airbnb wants to refund a guest, do not take it from my payout. My property has been made ready for this guest and I still have all the costs associated with making this ready for this guest including cleaning, power, internet, mortgage, condo fee, and more.

0 Replies 0