Airbnb re pricing without permission or consent then bullying when we cancel the booking

Robert-and-Shelby0
Level 2
Charlotte, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

Airbnb re pricing without permission or consent then bullying when we cancel the booking

Have any other hosts experienced this disturbing practice of Airbnb's

Moving low season rates forward into the following high season and then when someone books high season at the low season prices Airbnb have displayed without consent they try and bully you into accepting it by saying they will no longer display those dates as available....as if they are the only online agent! and say you will not get Superhost  and then do not reply to your concerns

In the same way they IMPOSED their cancellation policy on every host to try and make Airbnb more attractive to the potential guest and now the pricing all at the hosts expense

4 Replies 4
Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

How exactly does this happen?

I have set minimum rates that apply all year.

I constantly adjust my rates based on the season, month, and days. I go to my calendar and manually adjust pricing by date.\

I've never had this happen to me before, so please share the specifics because I would be highly upset if this happened to me.

Brian686
Level 4
Morayfield, Australia

@Maia29 This is a known issue with the site and Cx will not accept it as such - there response is it is our responsibility to set prices - this is fine but even when we do set the price to what we want based on season the system simply overrides it at will and no responsibility taken by the company

Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

I belong to a FB Airbnb host group online, and several hosts have mentioned that this has happened to them just recently.  I recommend reaching out to other groups in  addition to this helpful platform.

Apparently, it is a glitch in the system. A customer service representative acknowledged that it was a glitch in the system and then later, denied said glitch. Also, Airbnb will not offer additional assistance with this; the just told the host to request additional funds (I'm sure the guest will not respond happily to a request like that). I hope this helps.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Yikes!