Airbnb's policy of not caring about truth or fairness.

Answered!

Airbnb's policy of not caring about truth or fairness.

I recently stayed at a place in Rome, where the check-in time was starting at 3PM, and the details of the reservation said after 8PM, there's an additional cost. I planned to arrive around 5PM, but starting around 3:30PM the host kept rushing me that they are waiting for me. With that my family had to cut short what we were doing during our precious time in Rome, and had to head to the AirBnb, and we arrived around 4:30PM, and during this time, the host called me to ask where I am and messaged me multiple times, which stressed us out tremendously. I wrote a review stating the fact, and soon after, the host wrote a review of me, where the host said "Guests were very late , didn’t inform us of delay. We’ve waiting them for ages without any communication. Would not host again." This was obviously a retaliatory action on my factual review, which obviously contained my negative experiences. 

Because all the messages between the host and me are there within Airbnb chat, I contacted customer service to verify that the host is lying, and both take the untruthful review down, and allow me to file a claim against the host, as I don't want any other people in the Airbnb community to go through the same. However, after Airbnb reviewed I was told in exact words, "As per the help center article of our Review policy, it is clearly stated that Airbnb does not mediate disputes concerning truth or fairness. Even if a user has evidence that a statement is untrue." If toxic retaliatory reviews like what I received is not what Airbnb is interested in making efforts to filter, I do not know what I have trusted as the platform to book a stay that I took my family to. 

1 Best Answer
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Nak-Young-Derek0  Your complaint is a common one. Airbnb does not want to get involved in mediating disputes concerning truth or fairness, whether it is to side with the guest or the host.

Please be aware, though, that the host cannot see your review until he writes one, or until 2 weeks pass, whichever is soonest. So it is not possible that he wrote his review after seeing your review.

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Nak-Young-Derek0  Your complaint is a common one. Airbnb does not want to get involved in mediating disputes concerning truth or fairness, whether it is to side with the guest or the host.

Please be aware, though, that the host cannot see your review until he writes one, or until 2 weeks pass, whichever is soonest. So it is not possible that he wrote his review after seeing your review.