All inclusive Resort Fee

David12712
Level 1
Grand Prairie, TX

All inclusive Resort Fee

I have a problem collecting my money before confirming a reservation at my resort location. They only want to collect the all inclusive fee from the guest during check-in. However, I need to collect my fee based on my membership with them. Does anyone have a solution to this? I would appreciate it.

thanks

4 Replies 4

@David12712 

Yes, you can add a Resort Fee to your listing if you turn on Pro Tools. Be aware, this will be added to your nightly rate and is not a separate line item on the reservation (pretty sure on that). You can disclose on your listing that the nightly rate includes this fee.

Use Professional Hosting Tools to Add Fees

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/3625

Joan2709_0-1727919592937.png

These additional fees will appear under your cleaning fee on the Calendar after you turn on Pro Tools.

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

@David12712 

The full payment, including extra charges as @Joan2709 has said, is sent to you after check-in and reaches you in the next few days (depending on your chosen payout method, bank holidays, etc). I'm not aware of a way that you can receive the resort fee portion sooner (it sounds like you have to pay it before the guest arrives?). You may have to pay that from your own funds before receiving the guest payment. This should be OK, unless your cancelation policy is flexible to the extent that the guest can cancel after your resort fee payment is due. 

I hope a host who has to pre-pay a resort fee can confirm whether this is how they do it? @Joan2709 perhaps one of your listings?

@Shelley159 , thanks! I missed the part about @David12712 having to pre-pay...The only way I can think of to collect it ahead of time (prior to check-in) and not use the resort fee (I believe), is to send a resolution center request for the fee? This way it is not added to the price per night shown to guests? However, it's kinda a pain to do it and some guests may not pay it?

Maybe another Host has an idea?

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Yes "Request money" is a good idea @Joan2709 

Downside is that the displayed price of the accommodation won't include the resort fee, so I guess one of those issues where one would have to communicate really well.

@David12712 let's hope someone in the same position can help.