All inclusive Resort Fee

Answered!
David12712
Level 2
Grand Prairie, TX

All inclusive Resort Fee

I have a problem collecting my money before confirming a reservation at my resort location. They only want to collect the all inclusive fee from the guest during check-in. However, I need to collect my fee based on my membership with them. Does anyone have a solution to this? I would appreciate it.

thanks

Top Answer

Hi, @Joan2709 ,@Shelley159

thank you very much for your support and response to my questions. They were very helpful for me to navigate my way through the maze of Airbnb.

View Top Answer in original post

13 Replies 13

@David12712 

Yes, you can add a Resort Fee to your listing if you turn on Pro Tools. Be aware, this will be added to your nightly rate and is not a separate line item on the reservation (pretty sure on that). You can disclose on your listing that the nightly rate includes this fee.

Use Professional Hosting Tools to Add Fees

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/3625

Joan2709_0-1727919592937.png

These additional fees will appear under your cleaning fee on the Calendar after you turn on Pro Tools.

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

@David12712 

The full payment, including extra charges as @Joan2709 has said, is sent to you after check-in and reaches you in the next few days (depending on your chosen payout method, bank holidays, etc). I'm not aware of a way that you can receive the resort fee portion sooner (it sounds like you have to pay it before the guest arrives?). You may have to pay that from your own funds before receiving the guest payment. This should be OK, unless your cancelation policy is flexible to the extent that the guest can cancel after your resort fee payment is due. 

I hope a host who has to pre-pay a resort fee can confirm whether this is how they do it? @Joan2709 perhaps one of your listings?

@Shelley159 , thanks! I missed the part about @David12712 having to pre-pay...The only way I can think of to collect it ahead of time (prior to check-in) and not use the resort fee (I believe), is to send a resolution center request for the fee? This way it is not added to the price per night shown to guests? However, it's kinda a pain to do it and some guests may not pay it?

Maybe another Host has an idea?

Shelley159
Top Contributor

Yes "Request money" is a good idea @Joan2709 

Downside is that the displayed price of the accommodation won't include the resort fee, so I guess one of those issues where one would have to communicate really well.

@David12712 let's hope someone in the same position can help.

yes, you are right. I think some decision has to be made and communicated to the guest before confirmation. this is all new to me but a learning experience it shall be. thanks

@David12712 

So if I have this correct?

1. You pay a fee to the resort as a resident/member. You include that in your price per night.

2. The guest pays an addl "visitor resort fee" directly to the resort upon check-in at the resort. 

Option 1

If the guest cancels a stay after check-in, they are not refunded the visitor resort fee by the resort, as that is something they have paid separate from Airbnb. In this case, you would need to explain on your listing (Other Details Section and/or House Rules) that if a guest cancels their stay after check-in, the visitor resort fee is not refunded. You can also add that disclosure to any message you send to the guest after booking.

Option 2

The other option would be (if you decide you want to) is to refund the guest visitor resort fee they paid to the resort (if they cancel after checkin), out of your own pocket using the Send Money feature (resolution center). I guess this would depend on the circumstances of the cancellation. You could also offer to reduce the price of a future booking by the amount the guest paid as a visitor to the resort.

Hope I understand correctly??

@Shelley159 

Ok, maybe i didn't state the process clearly. To take a reservation I must secure or pay for the room first.  The next is the guest check-in and pay the all inclusive and the resort fee at the same time. I don't get involved in that part. If they cancel before check in then no refund. The guest can reschedule at a different time. If they leave early after check-in then the resort will not issue any refund for what was paid 

@David12712 

@Shelley159 understood what you were saying 😊

As she stated, there is no way for you to receive your payment from Airbnb for a booking until 24hours after the guest checks in. Unfortunately then, if the guest books, then subsequently cancels, you will be paid according to your cancellation policy set on the listing. I would say this is probably not the ideal setup, as you are paying for the room in advance of the guest checking in. 

When Airbnb Releases Payouts 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/425#section-heading-1-0

"For most stays of 27 nights or less, we’ll send your payout about 24 hours after a guest checks into your place, and your payout method’s processing time will determine how long it takes for you to receive the money."

hello Shelley, thanks for the comment. The issue I have is that the all inclusive fee and the resort fee must be paid together when the Guest checks in. My fee is paid up front when the reservation is confirmed because the room must be paid before the guest arrives and there is no refund. They can cancel and reissue the stay at a different time but the resort itself do not offer any refund. Do this makes sense?

Shelley159
Top Contributor

Hi @David12712 

Sounds like you need the full amount at the time of booking, but Airbnb will only pay you after check-in. All I can think is to pay out of your pocket and keep your cancelation policy strict. It's possible that there may be other platforms that are more suitable than Airbnb. @Joan2709 what do you think?

So there an all-inclusive daily fee that includes food and drinks and a resort fee so they are 2 separate fees but must paid to the resort during check-in. My money comes from renting the room.

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @David12712 😊

I am glad you have found a host to discuss your concerns with!

I would like to share with you a tip to better communicate in the community. Don't forget to mention the Host by typing @ followed by their name so they will know you're replying to them.

Also, did any of the answers below help you resolve the issue?

If so, it's always a lovely gesture to mark it as the "Top Answer".

Elisa_0-1728318453161.png

It's like a big virtual hug to the member who supported you but also to support other Hosts who may have similar questions in the future. 😊

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

Hi, @Joan2709 ,@Shelley159

thank you very much for your support and response to my questions. They were very helpful for me to navigate my way through the maze of Airbnb.