An enquiry was declined for being suspicious

Answered!
Luca2887
Level 1
Byron Bay, Australia

An enquiry was declined for being suspicious

Hi there! I had a booking enquiry get declined for being suspicious. I tried to accept it but it says blocked ... What do I do?

1 Best Answer
Bea2137
Level 10
Las Piñas, Philippines

Hi @Luca2887! I'm sorry to hear about the booking inquiry issue you're facing. As a host on Airbnb, I've had similar experiences and I completely understand your concern.

In my case, I chose Airbnb because it provides a level of security that I really value. They have systems in place to detect and block suspicious bookings, which has given me the peace of mind that my home, a place I've worked hard to own, is protected.

While it might be frustrating to have a booking blocked, it's often in our best interest as hosts. I would recommend reaching out to Airbnb support to get more information about the specific issue and how to proceed.

You can find more information about how Airbnb protects hosts from risks here:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/3059

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Luca2887 you thank your lucky stars that Airbnb stopped a scammer before you lost out in some way. Airbnb's security systems are not perfect but they do try to protect us.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Be thankful. 😎

Bea2137
Level 10
Las Piñas, Philippines

Hi @Luca2887! I'm sorry to hear about the booking inquiry issue you're facing. As a host on Airbnb, I've had similar experiences and I completely understand your concern.

In my case, I chose Airbnb because it provides a level of security that I really value. They have systems in place to detect and block suspicious bookings, which has given me the peace of mind that my home, a place I've worked hard to own, is protected.

While it might be frustrating to have a booking blocked, it's often in our best interest as hosts. I would recommend reaching out to Airbnb support to get more information about the specific issue and how to proceed.

You can find more information about how Airbnb protects hosts from risks here:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/3059