An inconvenient guest

Mauren-Luiza0
Level 1
Campinas, BR

An inconvenient guest

Guys, 

I need an advice! 

I have a place in São Paulo; it’s a small farm and it’s booked for a group during this week. 
The problem is: the guests are noisy and they are bothering the neighborhood. 
I already talked with them, but we didn’t reach an agreement. They think that listening to a loud music at 4 AM it is ok, and I’m sure that isn’t. 

Is it possible ask them to leave the place before the end of their reservation?

3 Replies 3
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Mauren-Luiza0  Of course you can, just know that Airbnb won't make it easy for you to do that. Hopefully you have specified quiet hours in your listing, under house rules. If so, then the guests are breaking those rules. Don't cancel the reservation yourself, because you'll be penalized. Call Airbnb and let them know what's happening, that you've spoken to the guests and they've refused to be quiet when you've asked them to. Ask them to find the guests another accommodation. 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

As you have already asked the guest to moderate their behaviour and they refuse @Mauren-Luiza0 contact Airbnb and ask them to cancel the booking (hopefully you followed up discussions with the guests so there is a record on Airbnb.

Stand firm and insist Airbnb cancel the booking as your neighbours are being disturbed and have complained.

I wouldn't ask Airbnb to find these guests other accommodation, why would you want to inflict this behaviour on another host.

Karin1404
Level 2
Cape Town, ZA

Yes, agree to all above. Absolutely, you have the right. Your house rules are there for a reason, and if they are not followed, the guest must deal with the consequences. What also helps is if you write in the message thread to the guest about the problem - Airbnb uses that as proof as well because it is a visual communication, rather than a " he said and she said because he said" kind of thing. The message thread communication prevents that. 

Good luck! 

Karin