Any clarity on Airbnb Review period?

Answered!
Varun0
Level 1
Seattle, Washington, United States

Any clarity on Airbnb Review period?

Here's what the e-mail from AirBnb says, "After Dec 7, the review period will be over." It is not yet after Dec 7 in the timezone of where the company is headquartered, and where the listing reservation occured. Terrible wording, becuase I wanted to ensure I left a review for this traveler. 

Also, it's so hard to contact the company just to ask a simple question. This company doesn't care about its hosts at all.

1 Best Answer
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Varun0,

It is 14 days after the guest has checked out and is probably timed to the check out and not the timezone where the company is headquartered.  You can contact Airbnb at +1-415-800-5959 or +1-855-424-7262 (toll-free).

Hope this helps @Varun0.

@Dave-and-Deb0

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Varun0,

It is 14 days after the guest has checked out and is probably timed to the check out and not the timezone where the company is headquartered.  You can contact Airbnb at +1-415-800-5959 or +1-855-424-7262 (toll-free).

Hope this helps @Varun0.

@Dave-and-Deb0

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Hi, does the end period mean 12 pm or it is a specific hour? If the specific hour - I want to write a review for a guest located in UK and make sure he doesn't give me a revenge review after he sees I wrote mine, so is the end period set in UK time ? Where can I see the exact expiration time?

Thank you for your help.

Natalia

Mistie0
Level 3
Houston, TX

I had the same problem as you. The email says i wouldnt be able to review "after the 26th" so then being that it was still the 26th when i tried to review, what they stated in the email they sent is false. If proper English is considered when reading that you would assume that it is meant as said. It is not fair.