Any help or advice gratefully received regarding getting rid of strong perfume scent

Ruth413
Level 10
Moreton, United Kingdom

Any help or advice gratefully received regarding getting rid of strong perfume scent

Hi all,

If anyone can give me any advice about getting rid of extremely strong perfume scent, that would be really appreciated.  

We have just had a lovely couple to stay that left early this morning.  They left everything perfect but there is a really overpowering smell of scent left.  They did have a young pup with them, which we happily accept at our cottage and I have an inkling that maybe and only maybe they have sprayed scent around to cover a possible accident with young pup.  There are no stains on the carpet or anywhere else, but I have had all doors and windows open all day and have just been back in and it is still overpowering.  Luckily we don't have anymore guests until Friday due to the time I leave (because of covid) between guests.  

I am at a bit of a loss what to do about the smell.  Obviously will air constantly but I was wondering if anyone has dealt with this before and had any advice.  

Many thanks

Ruth 

15 Replies 15
Ruth413
Level 10
Moreton, United Kingdom

Thanks everyone for all the hints.  Yesterday it was still very strong, I have coffee beaned, put vinegar out, febreezed and bleached the kitchen floor yesterday and left airing overnight again.  The ozone gadget arrives tomorrow.  The main area seems to be the kitchen which is bizarre as I have taken the rug out,  I am now maybe thinking a dropped bottle of perfume perhaps that has managed to run under the units.  If still bad today, will try the briquettes overnight and will also try the baking soda on the carpet as the stairwell also seems to be a rather heavily scented area.  Then ozone it tomorrow night, just in time for new guests to arrive on Friday.  Thank heavens, I had no back to back guests otherwise there could have been trouble.  Managed to fluke that one somehow !

Many thanks

Ruth