BEWARE!! Airbnb allows Host without License to rent through Airbnb Platform

Tina8354
Level 2
Redding, CA

BEWARE!! Airbnb allows Host without License to rent through Airbnb Platform

We had a horrible experience and later discovered the host is not Licensed through her State or City to run a short term rental through Airbnb. In order to obtain a license in San Antonio, Texas the host must follow and pass safety stipulations. None which were even followed.

this has been reported to Airbnb and Airbnb has ignored all documents from the city with supporting phone numbers proving the host is renting through Airbnb illegally. 
SUPPORTING INFORMATION:

Host of ***

Is NOT licensed or registered with City of San Antonio for Short Term Rental on her property in which we stayed.

She is alo in violation of all Safety Requirements and has been reported.

You can verify with the City at

210-207-3074 “Roland Arsate”

Or online. Go to:

sanantonio.gov/SAFD/Buisness-and-Inspections

Then choose

1) One stop zoning map

2) One stop zoning map again

3)accept

4) in the quick search on the top left enter the address ***

Click the little black X in the white box that pops up (identify results) to remove it.

5) choose layers

6) Click the small black arrow next to the green checkmark where it says “one stop”

7) click on the word development

Check mark the box that says “short term rental”

You will then see red and blue teardrop icons populate

Zoom in until you see 827 where are your host is located.

The red and blue teardrop icons are properties that are licensed with the city for short-term rentals through Airbnb.

AIRBNB listing:

**[Sensitive information removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

3 Replies 3
Annie1372
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

@Tina8354 

I see that you have not had any answer nor comments yet to your request for more than a few months

Therefore, as this CC is international, I believe that you will have a better chance of finding the requested help by visiting your local Host Clubs.

You can search for yours here -

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Discussions-locales/ct-p/en_clubs

😁

Annie
Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

We are having the same issue in Bisbee AZ. I contacted both the city and Airbnb with regards to unlicensed listings and Here is what I found out. Airbnb only lets hosts know they have to be licensed if the city contacts Airbnb and says “hosts in bisbee AZ have to be licensed by March 31, 2023.” Bisbee hasn’t done this therefore Airbnb says when hosts sign up we tell them to check with their jurisdiction and by signing the host agreement they agree to do that. 

honestly, it’s up to the cities/jurisdictions to contact Airbnb. Airbnb is a global company that can’t possibly get down in the weeds for countries, states, counties, cities- there just isn’t enough bandwidth to do that. But if the city/jurisdiction contacts Airbnb then they have an obligation to notify hosts. 

hope this makes sense. 

In Madison Wisconsin, our ordinances require us to apply for a Zoning Permit and to

register with the Health Department.  Zoning inspected my home and the Health Department comes in once a year to inspect.  Of course there are fees for this.  Madison requires all  STR;s (short term rentals) to be in compliance and  if not,  the City has noted that they now have the ability to identify those homes that are not.