BEWARE OF HOST*

Answered!
Luis4310
Level 1
Austin, TX

BEWARE OF HOST*

I rented this place from November 20 - December 4th. Plans changed and I had to leave early. Cancellation policy states that I will get a refund every night that remains  24hrs after I cancel. After communicating with my host** [Host] on November 23rd that I was leaving on the 25th of November other than staying until December 4th. She complied as shown in the text conversation below. ** [Host] was going to get back to me on Monday (Nov. 28th) because according to her nothing could been done due to the holidays. I never heard back from** [Host] then on November 30th my Alter Reservation request was declined as shown in screenshot. I contacted Airbnb support and they suggested to cancel the reservation which I did on Nov. 30th and I received a refund of $301.04. Then Airbnb support suggested to open a case under the Resolution Center to receive the rest of the refund that I should of gotten in the total of $988 for checking out from the place on Dec. 25th

After I submitted a Money Request through the Resolution Center in the amount of $686. She completely ignored it and is no longer responding to my messages sent to her via-Airbnb app. Now I had to go through the trouble of getting in contact with my bank to submit a dispute so that I can get the rest of my refund back.

BEWARE OF** [Host]!!! Do not rent from her Lovely 1 bedroom in **. She is a very shady person that will take your money.

**[Name hidden due to privacy reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Luis4310 I agree the host was a bit naughty but the error, I am afraid, lies with you. You should have just cancelled when you left and then would have received the correct refund er the hosts cancellation policy.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Luis4310 

What was the host cancellation policy? 

Cancellation policy is that I get the money back for every night not stayed at the location.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Luis4310 I agree the host was a bit naughty but the error, I am afraid, lies with you. You should have just cancelled when you left and then would have received the correct refund er the hosts cancellation policy.

That’s what I was thinking afterwards. I should of cancelled after learning there was such an option. This was my first time using Airbnb. After messaging with the house I saw that I can alter the reservation by changing the last day. Then the host telling me that she’ll take care of it. I put too much trust on the host and she took advantage of her guest. I’m surprised that Airbnb support can’t do much with this type of situations. Even though I submitted all intel showing that I did leave early. The support team even agreed with me what the host did was wrong.