Bad review removal

Jessica3421
Level 3
Lewistown, MT

Bad review removal

Hey all, we had a guest leave a bad review (they were very angry that it rained and they couldn't use the outdoor firepit) that AirBNb deemed  to be retaliatory and violate their review policy. It got removed immediately. Then a couple weeks later it appeared back again! I called, AirBNb removed it, then later that day it was back again. Have you guys had this happen? After honestly 5 calls, with each time the review being taken down, it keeps reappearing. What is going on?! So frustrating and time wasting as a host. 

25 Replies 25

Would you advise I stop trying to work it out? Allow the misleading information to remain.  That seems… foolish. For myself and future guests who will be mislead. Perhaps other guests will enjoy reading the ridiculous review for entertainment purposes. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Jessica3421 No I would leave a response - targeted at future guests NOT the guest that left the review.

Cheers, that is good advice and I did that to the best of my restraint. 

I guess your other option is to explain the ridiculous situation on the response below and leaving a bad review for the guest to let future hosts know that this is a difficult guest. 

I totally agree with that option, however, I can’t leave them a bad review to warn future hosts—before they posted their review I in NO way expected such a nasty inaccurate review from them. They barely used the place other than to leave some odd trash items and dirty the stove; nothing that would warrant a bad review from me at the time… yikes. Heads up to other hosts: look at the reviews that your potential guests have left other hosts in the past. Just because a guest has a couple good reviews doesn’t mean hosts have had success with them. 

@Jessica3421 Once a review is removed it should stay removed .Guests cannot ask for it to be replaced . This is very odd and is obviously a glitch of some kind... H

@Jessica3421 Have you checked the review from an incognito point of view . It may be something to do with 'needing to refresh'..Is it possible that you had two listings at one stage ? and its 'ghosting'.. H

Interesting thought! My husband went on and checked separately and it is indeed posted again… Now when I call airBNb, they just say they will

look into it and call back—shocker, they don’t do anything further after that. 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Never heard of such a sequence of events of a reappearing review, may be a technical hitch. Stupid guest, what did they expect, for you to also provide an outdoor BBQ indoors in case it rained?

Cheers, yeah, it is frustrating and anxiety provoking. Just keeps recurring & I can’t get it sorted after so many phone calls…. I’m

guessing that the guest keeps petitioning to have the review reinstated and Airbnb let’s them do it? Stinks of harrassment… I understand why hosts end up quitting after getting a bad guest or two & seeing that airBNb doesn’t protect the host. Wish Airbnb would

defend their best asset: the hardworking host. 

Carl162
Level 2
Adelaide, Australia

Hi Jessica!

I know it's been 4 months, but just wondering if anything further happened in this saga? The reason I ask is that the exact same thing happened to me, and I'm starting my journey of wasting time with support re-adjudicating my case (which was, like yours, deemed successful and then closed originally in January). Very strange to see the review just re-appearing. 

Hoping you worked out some trick that put an end to this. 🙂

Carl