Bed Bugs Found Second to last day

Karri40
Level 2
Indiana, United States

Bed Bugs Found Second to last day

Wondering if we are able to get any compensation.  We had our family of 11 staying, and one room my mom found two bed bugs, plus new blood spots on the sheets.  We took pictures, and she has no bites showing as of yet, but I know they can take up to 14 days to show.  The host had a guy come out and he sprayed the perimeter of the room and shut the door.  No change of sheets or anything.

My question is, are we able to get any compensation for this?  We all didnt sleep well that last night as we were thinking we all had bugs.  I contacted AirBnb support and they stopped responding.

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Karri40 The real question is should you be compensated or should you pay damages for taking the bed bugs into the property. If they only appeared at the end of your stay it really isn't that clear which it could be.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

If a visit by a pest control company  confirmed there are bed bugs at the property @Karri40  then the whole listing should be closed so it can be sprayed and the kept clear for two weeks and all linens etc put on a high wash.

as @Mike-And-Jane0 says it's always difficult to know which guests may have brought them to the property .