Block dates for a certain guest to make reservation while excluding others from reserving those dates

Block dates for a certain guest to make reservation while excluding others from reserving those dates

I have a frequent scenario when I am not planning on renting my place, but then a neighbor or friend of a friend wants to book some dates. But if I open the dates, usually someone else grabs them before the person I intended to make the booking has a chance. So I have to reject the person who booked the dates, and that is a drag. Is there anyway to offer some dates to a certain person but have them stay closed on my calendar so that others can't book? In other words, can I set some dates that are only available to certain people?

7 Replies 7
Shelley159
Level 10
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Greg-And-Mary0 

You should only open the dates when the friend is sitting down with the booking open in front of them, ready to book. If you don't see the booking within minutes, block the dates again until they are ready.

I was going to tell the same. You cannot open them if the person who you opened it for is ready to book IMMEDIATELY. 

edit: is not ready 🙂

Thanks, I'm trying to avoid this scenario- more often than not the other person forgets, is late, is in a different time zone, and someone else books the dates and I have to reject them. 

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Greg-And-Mary0 

I'm afraid you can't reserve/block dates for certain people and not others on Airbnb other than blocking the dates on your calendar manually.

If you reject too many reservations, you will be penalised by the Airbnb algorithm and your listing will be impacted in the search results.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Greg-And-Mary0 I've never tried this as if. neighbour wants to book we just do it privately. But you could set a very high price and then when the person enquires about it send them a special ofer t a reasonable price.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Greg-And-Mary0, I hope everything is well with you 😊

Have you had the chance to read our Hosts' suggestions?  If you find any of their answers particularly useful, please don't hesitate to mark it as the best answer. You can do this by clicking the button below the comment as shown in the following image:

Paula_0-1717783919027.png

This will help future Hosts with similar questions easily find this conversation.

All the best.

-----

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad