Blocking a Guest

Answered!
Dio1782
Level 2
Surabaya, Indonesia

Blocking a Guest

Hey guys, i am a new host in this space and i’ve been wondering if we can block guest into coming again to our space?

Recently i have some problem with a guest harassing my cleaning staff and just now i heard the story directly (confirmed by another person).

Since it been done in offline and i have no evidence to back it up, i have been wondering if we can block out this person to come to visit us again in the future?

Thanks in Advance for any leads!

1 Best Answer
Kathleen710
Level 5
Decatur, GA

Go on the persons picture and report the profile.  You can block them there and you have to give a reason.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom
RoniSue0
Level 6
Tempe, AZ

I’ve wanted the same ability to block a former guest!  He was from my local area. I’m not easy to intimidate, but this guy’s interaction with me (a single female living alone on the premises) made me feel very uncomfortable and possibly unsafe. I didn’t have anything concrete to report or anything in writing to give as evidence to AirBnB, and I didn’t want to upset him by accusing him of something I couldn’t prove. (Being local, he could easily return to retaliate). I took a couple of precautions, like having my neighbor-friend’s burly husband come over and make himself visible from the guests’ windows. I don’t know if the guest is dangerous or not, I just know that when he left, I felt relief and never want him back here.

A couple of weeks later, he was sending me an inquiry to book again, and I looked all over the platform for a way to block him. There isn’t one! I replied with excuses for why I couldn’t accept his request, and he finally withdrew it, but if he ever tries to book again, I’ll be calling AirBnB host support to try to get out of it.

There really should be a way to block FORMER guests based on the past experience. I understand there are discrimination laws, but if they were your guest once, your reason seems less likely to be due to discrimination. 

If you call AirBnB, please let us know what they say about the possibility of blocking.

Kathleen710
Level 5
Decatur, GA

Go on the persons picture and report the profile.  You can block them there and you have to give a reason.