Boiling hot water- no cold water

Natalia1523
Level 1
Sydney, Australia

Boiling hot water- no cold water

I recently had a short stay 2 nights- in an apartment. Checked in at 3pm. That evening went to use shower to shower 2 children. Only boiling hot water in the bathroom, kitchen sink and bathroom sink.

had to shower in shower next to the public pool. Had to take all our things back and forth. Had to wait on steps of the pool with all our belongings in the way of people going to and from the pool. Did not shower the first night.

freezer made loud noise. Didn’t let us sleep. Sent video to owner.

now owner is saying my 9 and 12 year old children who have been toilet trained since the age of 2 urinated on the sofa bed and my husbands wheelchair made dent in bathroom wall even though my husband didn’t use his wheelchair inside. Now also claiming that there is damage to the outside door where there is public walking past and high traffic and blaming is. All the complaints being made by owners after I requested a 50%refund. Never reported before. 

is a request for 50% refund reasonable? For the lack of cold water, no shower access and the noise from the freezer that didn’t let us sleep? 

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I believe Airbnb offer 30% for key missing amenities not 50% @Natalia1523  what did the owner say regarding any refund? 

Refused refund altogether and said I should have filled the bathtub and kitchen sink and waited hours for them to cool before using them. And that I chose to stay for the night so basically too bad so sad.

they offered 1 night free if I stay again but I would never stay again after all that!

@Natalia1523 I believe it is illegal in Australia to have only boiling water and no regulator, .. Mention that .. Good luck.. H