Booking credit

Robin1484
Level 1
South Woodham Ferrers, United Kingdom

Booking credit

LOOK OUT FOR BOOKING CREDIT - if you select this then they will not refund your money and you need to contact your credit card company to get your money back. how can this be allowed as it is your money and although they say it is always there and your money, why should it stay in their account for an occasional use of AIR bnb. Is this even legal the fact they will be earning interested on your money and not allow you to get it back. What a disappointing policy which should be changed. I don’t know of any company that can hold on to your money and refuse to refund it.

2 Replies 2
Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Robin1484 😊

Thanks for sharing the issue you were facing.

Did you receive the credit back or used it to make another booking?

A good idea for this situation it would be to reach out to customer support for an advice at this 👉 link. 

However you can also share your feedback 👉 here.

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Robin1484
Level 1
South Woodham Ferrers, United Kingdom

Hi @Elisa , I did contact customer services and had a chat going but even after repeated requests they would not refund my money to my credit card. I seldom now use air bnb so I wanted my money returned to my bank account and not left as a credit in the Air bnb account. 

After been refused the refund and Air bnb saying the money never expires ect disappointingly I had to take the next step which was raise an dispute with my bank who have now said they will refund the money. 

I do not know why Air bnb think they have the right to hold onto my money and not refund this on request. 

regards

Robin