Booking income loss

Wendy1759
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

Booking income loss

My suite experienced flooding due to a previous guest, and an Airbnb adjuster was sent to assess the damage. The adjuster indicated that the suite might be contaminated with sewage water, rendering it unsafe to host guests. Additionally, the adjuster mentioned that if my flooring repair quote was deemed excessive, they would send their own restoration company.

It took Airbnb 60 days to approve my reimbursement for the damage. However, they declined to compensate me for the lost booking income from reservations that were made prior to the damage and had to be canceled during the repair period.

Could anyone advise if it is possible to appeal this decision and receive reimbursement for the canceled reservations?

Thank you.

3 Replies 3
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Oh my goodness @Wendy1759 😱 I can't begin to imagine what you've been through, so sorry.

According to the link below, Air Cover is supposed to compensate for bookings that had to be cancelled on Airbnb due to a previous guests negligence:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/279

Keep us posted and good luck Wendy,

Joëlle

Hi Joëlle,

Thank you so much for your kind words and support. It's been a challenging situation.

I appreciate the information.

This is what AirBnB had to say when they declined my booking income reimbursement,

'Also, I would like to clarify that your request for reimbursement for cancelled reservations isn't eligible under Host Damage Protection.

The Booking Income Loss will be measured starting from the time of occurrence of the Covered Loss and ending when the Covered Accommodation can be made ready for habitation under the same or equivalent physical and operating conditions that existed prior to the damage. However, no reservation was affected due to this incident.'

I'll keep you posted on any developments. Thanks again for your help and well wishes.

Best,
Wendy

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Wendy1759I am sorry to hear about this situation.

Have there been any updates since your last post here?

Please keep us updated.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad