Booking nights confusion

Livia1287
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Booking nights confusion

Hey! Can someone help me I am a bit confused with releasing dates for trip lengths. 

When I select from 23rd til 28th should mean 5 nights right? But then Airbnb says its 4 nights.... and it blocks the 28th. Which I would like to leave available for another check in and another trip length until the 4th of the other month. 

Does anyone know how I could do that? 

Make sure that I have 2 separate trip lengths:

23 - 28th 

28th - 4th 

Thank you so much

2 Replies 2
Tom4698
Level 2
Malmö, Sweden

Hi @Livia1287,

The confusion you're experiencing happens because Airbnb counts nights stayed, not the days themselves. So, when you select 23rd to 28th, Airbnb counts it as 4 nights (the nights of 23rd, 24th, 25th, and 26th). The 28th is automatically blocked for check-out.

To have 2 separate trip lengths:

Set the first reservation to check-out on the 28th (so guests leave in the morning).
Then, make sure the next check-in is available from the 28th for the new guest to check-in later that day.
To do this:

Ensure your settings allow same-day check-out and check-in.
Adjust your availability in the calendar to open up the 28th for new guests after the first booking checks out.
This will allow guests to leave on the 28th morning and a new guest to check in on the same day!

Let me know if this helps!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Livia1287, welcome to the Community Center! I was wondering whether you have seen the helpful reply from Tom? It would be great to hear back from you! 

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen