Calendar Sync Issues

Calendar Sync Issues

Ever since Airbnb rolled out its calendar software update in 2023, it has led to significant challenges for Short-Term Rental (STR) businesses. With more than 20 listings, we heavily depend on the calendar sync feature, but it's not only failing to sync properly, but also deleting imported calendars. It appears that their attempt to transition to a cloud-native software solution has inadvertently caused substantial issues. Considering these problems, we are contemplating completely discontinuing our use of Airbnb. One would expect a billion-dollar company to rigorously test updates before implementing them.

2 Replies 2
Margaret1088
Level 3
San Antonio, NM

Jonathan - well said! Because our place is in a rural area with unreliable internet, we’ve tried to be patient. Usually problems with my tablet app too slow to catch up with the app on my phone (weird?!) but last week the calendar showed the wrong guest in another’s reserved days. And too often, when we open the in-box, the info is a day or to behind reality. 

Anyone with helpful suggestions?

Hi Jonathan, 

I just got my listings published and am attempting to sync calendars between the entire home listing and the private rooms, however, I get as far as "select the main listing" but there are no listings to choose from and the 'Next" button is greyed out so I cannot advance. The Airbnb support team were unable to assist me and said a special team would be in contact, but I have not heard back unfortunately. I am wondering if you found a solution? Thank you for your post btw. Im struggling to find any useful resources.

Martin.