Can I offer a special rate once a reservation is requested?

Answered!

Can I offer a special rate once a reservation is requested?

I notice when a guest inquires about a listing, then I can send them a special rate however when I receive a reservation I dont see the special rate button.

Am I able to give a special rate from the reservation request?

1 Best Answer
Deborah0
Level 10
California, United States

No.  A reservation request can only be accepted or declined, you can't do a counter-offer, or amend the rates.  Your only options if you want to offer a different rate to the guest, are (1)  to decline the reservation request and then send them a special offer, or (2)  to accept the reservation request as is, and then do a change of reservation, where you change the total $ amount of the reservation, or change any of its aspects (eg dates, total price, which listing it is in, etc) 

An inquiry is different than a reservation request.  With an inquiry you can send a preapproval, or a special offer, or decline, or just keep dialoguing.  

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Deborah0
Level 10
California, United States

No.  A reservation request can only be accepted or declined, you can't do a counter-offer, or amend the rates.  Your only options if you want to offer a different rate to the guest, are (1)  to decline the reservation request and then send them a special offer, or (2)  to accept the reservation request as is, and then do a change of reservation, where you change the total $ amount of the reservation, or change any of its aspects (eg dates, total price, which listing it is in, etc) 

An inquiry is different than a reservation request.  With an inquiry you can send a preapproval, or a special offer, or decline, or just keep dialoguing.  

Thank you Deborah! That was very helpful 🙂

I had another question, as I have multiple listings. Sometimes a guest inquires about listing A but after a little conversation I see them as a better fit for listing B.. and they agree... is there a way to send the guest a Special Offer for another listing without sending them the link for Listing B?

If you're goal is to give the guest a lower price, in order to not risk loosing the reservation it's best to accept it, THEN do an alteration with the lower price.

If you want a higher price based on some special need of this guest then, as @Deborah0 suggests, you'll need to reject then make a special offer.

But a guest wont book at the stated  price if they want a lower price.

Hi,

I accepted the reservation knowing that I would then alter the reservation and reduce the price.  These folks have been with us for 12 days and wanted to stay another 4.  We're going to give them a deal.  When I try and change the reservation...and change the price, the 'submit aleration' is greyed out... can't be clicked... only 'discard alteration' can be clicked...   What can I do?  Thanks so much!!

hi

I have accepted a guests reservation request but need tosend  speical offer for this, however this acceptance has blocked the dates and I cannet therefore send aspecial offer, how do I change this? I cannot unblock there reservation from my dates or chage their reservation.

thanks