Can’t Trust the Trust & Safety Team

Jeremy193
Level 4
Afton, VA

Can’t Trust the Trust & Safety Team

Since our community is based on trust and transparency, the really needs to be a more fair and transparent way to deal with internal safety team.

Four years of being a super host and I guess count exceeding 4000 people and the only issues I’ve ever had are with this covert team of rogue sadists.

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Seriously, you guys can do better than this. I’ll have in excess of $150k in bookings this year with amazing reviews and this is strategy for retaining good hosts? I would actually love to be part of the solution and addressing this.

Please let me know if I can help... Send me I’m not kicked off for doing something wrong that nobody knows what it is.

67 Replies 67

Yes, it is still suspended. The safety team is ignoring me no matter how hard I try to get in touch.  I had a guest submit a safety concern over 2 weeks after checkout and I've sent the documentation over and have not received a response in over 72 hours. I have called multiple times and have been told my case "will be escalated" or my case "is low priority" or I "will get a new agent" and none of these things have happened.

Casa927
Level 2
Setúbal Municipality, Portugal

Please help me!

My situation is still not solved:

======

I have the same issue right now. They sended me today an email that there was a safety issue with one reservation (reservation and guest name NOT mentioned). And because of that they suspended ALL my 6 listings, without any explanation or proof. I have responded immediately on their email, no response until now. I have called Airbnb general line 8 times, No support at all. Just saying please be patient someone will contact you. Now 12 hours further an nobody is contacting me. I'm a host for 8 years and I never had this situation. Also, none of my recent guest contacted me about an issue or wrote a negative review, Nothing! Now out of nowhere Airbnb suspend all my listings with one click without contacting me. This is insane! Please someone here take a look at my account because this Safety team is not responding and the general line cannot do anything.

They don’t care

That’s legit just happened to me

Casa927
Level 2

I have the same issue right now. They sended me today an email that there was a safety issue with one reservation (reservation and guest name NOT mentioned). And because of that they suspended ALL my 6 listings, without any explanation or proof. I have responded immediately on their email, no response until now. I have called Airbnb general line 8 times, No support at all. Just saying please be patient someone will contact you. Now 12 hours further an nobody is contacting me. I'm a host for 8 years and I never had this situation. Also, none of my recent guest contacted me about an issue or wrote a negative review, Nothing! Now out of nowhere Airbnb suspend all my listings with one click without contacting me. This is insane! Please someone here take a look at my account because this Safety team is not responding and the general line cannot do anything.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Casa927  I am sorry to hear about this situation. Although our Community Center is not an official branch of the Customer Support Team, I will forward your case to the team that can help.

Hopefully, they will reach out to you soon.

Regards,

Paula

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Casa927
Level 2

Thanks a lot! I have called the general line now many times but no support is coming from their side. 

We are having a very similar situation.  One of our guests threw a party and disrupted the neighbours.  The neighbour complained to airbnb, now all three of our properties have been suspended pending investigation. It has already been a week and we still haven't heard back from them.

We don't see that we have done anything wrong. We have NO PARTIES in our house rules and will not allow parties if guests request it.  We had no idea about this Community Disturbance Rule.  We didn't even get a warning before they suspended all listings. This has really hurt us financially and we are now in a position of not being able to pay the mortgage. We can't even cancel our existing guests and rent the property without airbnb penalising us further.

I was under the belief that AIRBNB would support the host and penalise the guest offender.  NOT so, they financially bankrupt the host and do nothing to the guest. So much for a trusting business relationship with AIRBNB.  We now want to sever the business relationship and move on without AIRBNB. We can't even do that because the Safety Team won't even get back to us. If we try to contact other people from the support team they just close the case and say the safety team will get back to us.....

Talk about a living nightmare!  If we had any idea that AIRBNB would do this to us, we would never have signed up with them.