Canceled booking

Canceled booking

Booked with what I thought with no issue. Res accepted, confirmed and money taken. 5 months later, out of the blue, CANCELLED!!  How can you confirm, take money and without any notification, CANCEL!!  I would have thought if there was an issue this company would not have accepted, confirmed and taken money but crazy maybe notify the customer. Oh, but maybe the reason is Airbnb had the use of my money for 5 months and now gets to “re-rent” the property!  Seems pretty slimy to me. 

I am now in a bind with no rental (and it will now be close to impossible to get a new place) and out of the use of my funds…..again for 5 months. 

Also, no help by the Airbnb support:
asked for a call between 7:30-10:30am but got a call at 3:00am;
asked again for a call between 7:30-10:30am and got a call at 7:00am;
kept restating the same - offered no explanation. 

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Paul9446 do you know if it was Airbnb or the host that cancelled? Certainly worth messaging the host to see if they know what is going on.

Again I did not get much info from support. I was told it was accepted by host but was not told who canceled. I did try to email host but because it was canceled I could not. 

@Paul9446 I only ask because others have reported bookings being cancelled and no one new why. You could look and see if the property is still available to new bookings and send an inquiry.

Was able to get in touch with host and was told Airbnb cancelled for no reason and canceled all of her other res; supposedly a glitch which the host is working with Airbnb to resolve. 

@Paul9446 so will the host allow you to book direct? A bit of a risk perhaps if Airbnb cancelled due to the host being fake!

She said my res is still good and it will be resolved thru her and Airbnb. Money has been refunded so not sure what route I will take. 

you say a fake - how could it be 5 months after I booked?

@Paul9446 It is unlikely to be fake as long as it has lots of good reviews.