Cancellation & Profile Verification

Cancellation & Profile Verification

After creating my account earlier in March and getting everything verified, I booked a reservation at 'location 1' and my request was retracted twice, but not by me and by Airbnb itself. I figured maybe it was the host declining and then got an email saying it was verifying my account (although I had already submitted my ID and got the check mark and everything) so l waited the 10 days and tried to book again on March 26th. It gave me the same verification issue and told me to wait 10 days so l did. On April 9th I booked at 'location 2' instead and my request was accepted and confirmed. Yesterday I so happened to open the app and found that my reservation was cancelled and I was being refunded- I would not have known if I hadn't opened the app because I received no email or notification about this. I thought the host themselves cancelled and I kept getting the same "error, try again later" message about rebooking so I called CS to ask about it. Initially the CS rep said that Airbnb cancelled it cause there was a 'security issue/ concern' with the host/ property themselves and that they're not at liberty to offer any more information but that it was cancelled for my safety.

Then they said it was because they were verifying my identity AGAIN. I explained the whole history and was told they'd "escalate it" and l'd get an email (nothing yet). Shortly after the call ended I was able to request to book again, but then my request was retracted. I'm frustrated because I don't understand what about my profile keeps getting flagged, although I can see that it's verified and the CS r confirmed this too. I imagine it's 

frustrating/ annoying for the host too and I'm really lost about what my options are. I keep experiencing this issue and l've spoke to CS several times about it, but they keep saying they'll "escalate it to a different team" and haven't heard anything back.

0 Replies 0