Card being charged for a reservation I didn't book.

Answered!
Aamir3
Level 2
Germany

Card being charged for a reservation I didn't book.

Hi,

Today I was checking my credit card statement and saw that my card has been recently charged for a AirBnB trip I didn't book. I could not find a helpline number or email to write to AirBnB support directly.

Can somebody please direct my query to AirBnB Support to look at and contact me immediately? Following are the transaction details, I could see a booking id there to start the investigation.

Amount -1.437,12 EUR
Posting text 
AIRBNB * [Personal information hidden]

Many thanks,
Aamir
1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Aamir3,

Sorry to hear that that happened to you.

You should change the login password on your Airbnb account, contact the bank that issued your card and contact Airbnb customer service.

You can contact Airbnb customer service by phone, Twitter or Facebook as described here https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us#/

and here Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide

Hope it all works out OK for you.

Steve.

View Best Answer in original post

85 Replies 85
Arpit38
Level 2
Düsseldorf, Germany

Hi amir , I had a same problem and I got fraud transaction about 636 euro and I am following since 2 weeks and I still didn’t get positive response from them and I also did police complain about it and I will see what will happens .

I have given all transactions about Airbnb transaction which was fraud and all proof and they said like they will do investigation and they from support one guy told we will refund back your money and later they said one more email saying that someone from ur family members access tha account and we can’t give the money back  and I raised complaint to back as well but they are still investigating and let c but we should here boycott Airbnb and we need to tell world not to use their services and don’t save ur credit card details there because it’s not secure and customer service will never help here so I regret to have Airbnb account and I will no more use and recommend anyone to use their services 

Aamir, the same thing happened to me. Someone stole my card and charged $1114 for a reservation. I contacted Airbnb and they said "Thank you for your reply. We understand your concerns, but please rest assured that a full and thorough investigation has been carried out on the disputed charge. As outlined in the previous message, a refund cannot be issued in cases in which we believe a friend or family member who has access to your payment method has used it unintentionally." This is lunacy!! Why is Airbnb protecting criminals over customers?  They need to be held accountable. I will never do business with them again!!

I did reach out to my credit card company and they are investigating. They have credited my account, but Airbnb should still do the right thing and protect its customers. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

One of my guests said this happened to her as well. Since then, she only puts her credit card info on her account when she needs to book. Then, as soon as the booking is over, she deletes that info from her account until she needs to book again. Apparently the reviews need to be written before she is allowed to remove the credit card info (I guess in case a host wants to try to claim for some damages) so she wrote her review right away and asked me to please do the same.

Vanessa708
Level 1
Philippines

My card also charged for some reservation , i hope airbnb will fix this. I need my money back! 

I am wondering how long it took for these things to be resolved. 

me too. just happened to me yesterday.

i don't even have an account with Airbnb and got a charge!!

I guess i do now!

Alys6
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

I had three payments taken from my card in April - my credit card company has said they have had a quite few in the last month.  I have had a response from airbnb and have been told they have sorted it but would like to know how it happened....

Hi Alys,

AirBnb won't explain you anything or give details on why this keeps on happening without a fix ! You have to send a legal notice to them if you are expecting any answers or damage payback from Airbnb.

Best Regards,

Aamir

Marianne381
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

This has just happened to me too. Besides cancelling my card and reporting the two fraudulent transactions to my bank - please could you recommend the steps to follow with AirBNB

Grant118
Level 1
South Africa

Hi same thing happened to me today R4398 in total any help with this? 

Tanya306
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

i also got charged 3 times!!

Diego40
Level 1
Mexico City, Mexico

Hi, I had the same issue, but Airbnb support keeps saying it could be a friend or family.  But I am absolutely sure no one in my family or friends used my credit card for such a big amount.  Should I file in a legal complain? It is not a small amount and they just finalized the conversation saying: we have reasons to believe that it was a part of your family or friends....

Did you resolve this? Just happened to me, with them saying the same thing