Changes to mid-term reservation with monthly discount.

Kyle1027
Level 2
Denver, CO

Changes to mid-term reservation with monthly discount.

Looking for some advice on how to handle this.

I have an upcoming guest that is confirmed for three months (90 days) exactly with a 45% monthly discounted rate. They are now requesting to change their reservation to start two weeks later. Initially I thought it would be around the same price for them (50% of the month's days vs 45% discount on the whole month), but it looks like the discounted rate is applying to all days - two months discounted plus the 2 additional weeks receiving the monthly discount. The daily rate is $165 and the daily rate with the discount is $90. That $90 rate is being applied to all 76 days now vs 62 days at $90 + 14 days at $165.

My understanding, and when I have booked myself in the past, is that monthly discounts are applied in 'chunks' of 28 days and not a flat discount to all stays greater than 28 days.

Any guidance or additional information is greatly appreciated!

P.S. if anyone knows how to get the monthly pricing view to show up rather than doing a high daily rate with a hefty monthly discount, please let me know. Thanks!

1 Reply 1
Robert375
Level 4
Vallejo, CA

@Kyle1027 If a guests submits a change date request then they will continue to get the monthly discount if the entirety of the stay is over 28 days. If instead, the guests puts in a new request, they will not get the discount if the new request is less than 28 days.