Charged for an amenity damage we had no part in.

Ellie586
Level 1
Amersham, United Kingdom

Charged for an amenity damage we had no part in.

After our stay in Kotor for a mere three days I was left without any clothes, partially traumatized and a bill for damage repair on the washing machine. After waiting for half an hour in the car park, the father out our host shouted out to show us the apartment. We were given a quick tour around the basic facilities such as oven, taps and bathroom. The father spoke limited English so we got by through acting, all was well. We slept well and the next morning, I went to use the washing machine with confidence as it was listed as a facility and was easy to understand. After a 40 minute spin it was clear that the machine was broken, it was jammed and I could not get my clothes out. I messaged the host who sent his mother over, seemingly distressed, she claimed it was a ‘catastrophe’ and went to a draw, under the television, to reveal n piece of paper claiming ‘DO NOT USE THE WASHING MACHINE’ thenleft quickly. It became clear the washing machine was previously broken and we should have been informed this upon arrival.  The host told me a mechanic would come in three days. The next day, the mother saw me coming down the stairs and saw this as an opportunity to let herself into the apartment - revealing my little sister in her underwear using the bathroom. The mother was extremely distressed and after seeing we had left a towel on the floor, went slightly manic. She began shouting, walking through the apartment, touching our items and throwing a fit. She indecently revealed herself in front of my little sister and I and eventually caused my sister to cry. After leaving, I messaged the host who apologized on her behalf, claiming she was frustrated by the language barrier.

I was recently informed the mechanic believes somebody stuck a fork inside the machine to break it however I did no such thing. The host is now demanding €70 for damage repair costs, also refusing to return all my clothing inside the machine.

I am left without clothes and have no idea how to battle this claim? 

0 Replies 0