Cheap price can bring bad guests

Answered!
Monica2864
Level 2
Grand Prairie, TX

Cheap price can bring bad guests

Hello everyone Im new here and I live in Grand Prairie Tx. I put my extra room to airbnb a week ago and same day I got 4 guest. One for a home week, one for a weekend and 2 for a night only. I was offered all the discounts and the night became at $28 a night. I changed to $45 a night, after that then no more reservations. I prefer to bring guest who can understand they are getting a nice room with clean blankets, their own keys and parking g space. I think the price tell them what to spect. Also I’m scare from other testimonials that cheap prices can bring many bad guest. I don’t want that. Any advice? 

1 Best Answer
Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Monica2864 

My advice would be look at what the market is for your area.  If you read other Host's reviews in your area usually a Guest will mention a positive or negative factor concerning there reasoning for renting business or vacation?   And look at their prices to see what is the usual?  A new Host with no reviews Guests are just as nervous as you so they expect the deep discounts.  The 20% Airbnb Discount is only the first 3 reservations so if you have 4 you have passed that now you need positive reviews

A helpful hint to maybe tone down any initial negative reviews.   Not because your unclean or something, but because being new to hosting and not  aware of their iddeal  spot any suggestions.  I still do that as an old host and agreeing I should provide a sitting chair in my bedrooms the guest didn''t ding me publicly and  came back this year very pleased there was a  chair now haha

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Monica2864 

My advice would be look at what the market is for your area.  If you read other Host's reviews in your area usually a Guest will mention a positive or negative factor concerning there reasoning for renting business or vacation?   And look at their prices to see what is the usual?  A new Host with no reviews Guests are just as nervous as you so they expect the deep discounts.  The 20% Airbnb Discount is only the first 3 reservations so if you have 4 you have passed that now you need positive reviews

A helpful hint to maybe tone down any initial negative reviews.   Not because your unclean or something, but because being new to hosting and not  aware of their iddeal  spot any suggestions.  I still do that as an old host and agreeing I should provide a sitting chair in my bedrooms the guest didn''t ding me publicly and  came back this year very pleased there was a  chair now haha

Jesús!  @Marie8425 , you are level 10 👏

thank you for all your good ideas. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Monica2864 , Have you already made any changes to your listing based on Marie's thoughtful feedback? Have you noticed any difference since?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

It's good to have good price-to-performance ratio, but there is no need to undercut everyone else. Since then, you will get a lot of low quality guests that just want a place to crash but don't really care about anything else. 

If you price it just high enough to avoid the undesirable guest(s), then they will respect the rules, and respect your place. They know they got a good deal, but it's not something from the bargain bin.