Claiming back monies for call charges

Claiming back monies for call charges

Evening, had issues paying the final balance on your system a week ago and had to ring your office in US. Was on the phone 40 mins, little did I know I would incur such charges to my phone. The problem appeared to be somewhere in your system as we tried the card that paid the deposit plus numerous others, your customer service even tried to sort from his end. Eventually my card worked but like I say will be incurring major charges. What was a reasonable priced weekend away has now been marred by this large bill. Are you able to reimburse me anything at all as the glitch was obviously your system??

5 Replies 5
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Fiona830 ! It's been a while since you've posted, have there been any developments on this? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

No, not at all but when I filled the survey in I thought I may have heard back🤔

Kevin2945
Level 1
Watford, United Kingdom

Hi @Fiona830 ,

Any luck claiming reimbursement for the unnecessary phone charges?  I had exactly the same experience at the end of June 2023.  Call charges of £12.50 and text charges of £6 to sort out AirBnB's payment problems.

@Kevin2945 why didn't you just call the UK number? 

I did call a UK phone number.  

I would like to know if AirBnB are prepared to reimburse these charges for using their helpline. 

Please could AirBnB comment?