Controversial customer and his negative review dropped in our Airbnb profile

Francisco2011
Level 2
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Controversial customer and his negative review dropped in our Airbnb profile

Dear Superhosts,
I would like to ask you how I should handle a case like the one we had in the future. We hosted a guest who, as the days went by, began to turn the rest of the guests against us, looking for any reason to generate conflicts. Obviously at the beginning we seek to satisfy his demands, to make him feel at home. But as the days went by, he began to have bad and aggresive manners towards my mother (who is an elderly person and lives in the apartment). I tried to talk to him several times. But the level of aggression and violence reached a point where he started slamming doors, not even saying hello, or responding when my mother wanted to talk to him. To the point that she began to be afraid of him, not even daring to talk to him and locking himself in her room. Faced with this situation and worried about an escalation in his violent behavior, and with 3 days left to end his stay, I decided to call the Airbnb security service, which gave me two options: One: warn him to change his behavior. Second: To expel him from the apartment. . After contacting him, I told him that we needed to talk to him, my mother managed to make him understand that Airbnb authorized us to expel him. And his behavior changed until the stay was over. Days ago I received a totally negative review from this person, which brings down the average qualification that we achieved with so much effort. We raised Airbnb the situation of revenge regarding this person's review and that they consider that the guest has the right to express how his experience was like, as do we. That we needed physical evidence of threats, violence, etc. to support our claim. How do you handle situations like these? What should I have done to establish that "proof" that Airbnb requires? expelled him? Report him to the police? It is very difficult for me to understand Airbnb's position with this case, and I wanted to ask youhow I should behave in the future if we had a case of this caliber again. Thank you so much
Francisco
PD. In four months in Airbnb we managed to become Superhosts, we deal with different situations, but never a case like this.

0 Replies 0