Critique my listing - Petra from Prague

Petra-Ilona0
Level 2
Prague, Czechia

Critique my listing - Petra from Prague

05a3f68d-c0e3-4b87-83dc-f4807db98067.jpeg

Hi community,

i was wondering if you could check out my listing and let me know if i should change anything on it to get higher in searches or more appealing to guests, eg change the front picture to another one. As the agency who managed my Airbnb listing since 2018 didn't survive COVID-19, i just started to manage the listing myself and would appreciate any tips how to make it better and how to appear higher in searches.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/28143272

I am working on Super host status, i am always responding within very short period of time and i am using dynamic pricing engine Wheelhouse. Based on historical rating feedback i have made some improvements to the apartment during the pandemic to be even nicer and more enjoyable (upgraded bed sheets, faster internet, board games, more decorations, working closer with the cleaning company etc.).

Thank you for your feedback

5 Replies 5
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Petra-Ilona0  Good idea to solicit feedback from hosts who might also be potential guests.  On this platform, to have your average rating under 4.8 especially when you have a total of 79 reviews, indicates either a number of guests did not rate you at 5 or a few guests gave you really low rates.  You cannot do much about those guests that are out to scam you, as happens when a guest seeks a refund for a made up problem and then gives you a low rating when you decline.  However, you can do something about making sure your listing is a good fit for a potential guest.  It is unbelieveable that a guest would complain about noise when booking a central city listing, but many travelers need to be educated about the lively nightlife in your area.  You could mention something about a vibrant and noisy nightlife in your description as that has been commented by several guests.  Also, you might include some exterior pictures that show the proximity to clubs.  For some that would be a benefit and for others that would be a negative.  Cleanliness does mean you have to inspect what you expect from cleaners.   Good luck!!

Thank you for your feedback, highly appreciated. I will implement your recommendations.

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Petra-Ilona0,

Thanks for posting that great question 😊

Just wanted to give you a heads up that I have moved your topic to the "New to Hosting" board. Hopefully you'll get more feedback this way.

Thanks,

Liv

Kristin108
Level 10
Scotts Mills, OR

@Petra-Ilona0 

You have a lovely unit!

And I agree with everything @Linda108 had said.

I could add that you might want to give your listing space a bit more personality by adding some special art work. (Not the framed records)... Maybe some colorful and/or traditional CZ glass. Possibly some coffee table books about Prague...

I love old travel posters... And framed old maps of the area. 

And by all means, you MUST specify the bar seen. And be transparent, call them 'bars'... If the bars and clubs are open all night, you need full disclosure. Don't skirt around it by calling the area 'vibrant' if it's a true party seen!

If it's a REAL problem, provide noise canceling headphones, or at least a big bowl of individually packaged ear plugs. 

Sounds like your property is very noisy... This would be an issue for me and I don't think it would be as attractive to families with children. 

If this were my property, I would reduce the number of guests to 4. Don't try and fit more people into a small space. You won't make any more money... Six guests will trash a place faster than anything! And I would raise your rates...

Another thing of note: Percale sheets means Cotton not Linnen. Both are great, but if it's not 100%, I wouldn't have it as an amenity on your listing.

I would also buy a new couch... Something very comfortable, and NOT for sleeping on! You might spend a bit up front... But your space needs more seating in the living room. Maybe 2 more chairs...

Again, if your location is good and your listing is unique, you can charge more than the competition. 

Get an artsy friend to help with adding elements to the decor... You don't want your listing to look like a hotel, or an Ikea advertisement... You can brighten up your windows by having quality drapes and maybe some throw cushions with local textiles...  

Finally, don't forget a bottle of wine in the fridge, with a few munchies goes a long way in getting these five star reviews. 

Oh yes, please add more photos of the exterior of the property... Street views, etc....

thank you very much for your feedback, very useful indeed.

just to clarify, Percale linen - with 1 "n", means Percale sheets, not "Linnen", the material. I am very much aware that Percale is 100% brushed or unbrushed cotton and it annoys me when i see shops like JCP marketing their synthetics under this name. the fact that it confused you makes it clear to me that i need to change the word from "linen" to "sheets" to make it 100% clear to American clients as well, so thank you for that, i will change it immediately. 

The reason why we have only sleeper sofa and not super comfy convertible couch is exactly the fact that we do not want to promote big family stays or mass gatherings, which in Prague is an issue, the city gets a lot of Stud & Bachelorette Party tourism from Germany & the UK.

As for pricing i am using Wheelhouse dynamic pricing engine which based on my humble analysis is the best for such combination of property/location/market. Therefore if the engine says this is the price i should be selling for at this moment, i will trust it, in the same way like i will trust experienced hosts to advise me on other features.

Based on Linda's feedback I have already added additional pictures of the exteriors and streets, additional decorations and wording to reflect the fact that sometimes you can hear noise from the streets.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reflect