Current guest lying about bugs

Current guest lying about bugs

I am currently hosting my 11th booking. I have 4.9 stars thus far and trying to make Superhost. Guest sent me a pic of an apple that's been bitten, claims 'we may have an unwanted guest', asks that I bring traps. The bite marks look like a person's. Husband and I both think she's lying. I showed the pic to our exterminator (in business over 30 years) says he's pretty sure she's lying. But I bring the traps like she asked (two different kinds to be safe) and she thanked me. I am worried she is going to leave a bad review, ask for a refund or do something negative. Is there anything I can do to prevent sabotage? She is scheduled to check out tomorrow. Thank y'all 🙂 

1 Reply 1
Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

I’m kind of confused. Is it bugs that she says bit an apple or is it a mouse? If it looked like human marks, I’m trying to figure out how large the bugs were. When you took the traps, did you ask to inspect your space to make sure there weren’t other bugs?  

As far as review, I would touch base with guest TODAY and ask if everything is okay and if there’s anything else that you can do to make their stay is more comfortable. I hope when you took traps you stated that you had never had anything like this happen before and that you are sorry that this has occurred. Good communication is key in delicate situations like these.