Answered!

Current guest

Current guest is saying the mattress is causing her night sweats

wants a refund

1 Best Answer
Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Debra519 That's ridiculous. There is no guarantee that each and every mattress in every AirBnB in the world will be perfectly suited to a guest. You have provided the accommodation you promised-period. 

If she were sincere, she might have asked if you have a different mattress cover or bedding, or if she could somehow lower the air temperature in the bedroom. That fact that she's asking for a refund is an indication that this is complete BS. 

Tell her you'd be happy to shorten her stay so she can go sweat in somebody else's AirBnB. Jeez....

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Debra519  A little more detail? How long is her booking for? How long has she been in residence?

She may just be scamming a refund, or it may be true, but if true, it wouldn't likely be the mattress that's causing this, but the bedding. Do you by any chance use microfiber sheets?

Everything is cotton everything is cool because we live in Arizona so you don’t have any of that stuff due to the heat but last night it was 56° I had the air conditioner on at 75, and she has a ceiling fan and an additional fan and she refused either of the fans I offered her different bedding to put another comforter on and she just packed her stuff and left so yeah it was a scam. Thank you for the input

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Debra519   To expand on what @Sarah977  asked, do you have a cotton or bamboo mattress cover over the mattress, or is the mattress cover plasticised?  I have waterproof covers on my mattresses, but use a fluffy cotton or bamboo mattress pad and cotton sheets so that guests are comfortable and have several layers between them and the plasticized mattress cover.

If you have good bedding, then yes, the guest is probably scamming you or has not clued in that her body is changing.  

Yes I have all of that! The mattress is a Tempur-pedic type mattress. Even asked her did you turn on the ceiling fan? Do you need an additional sand and she responded I was never hot I just was sweating. Lesson learned. Thank you for your input

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Debra519 That's ridiculous. There is no guarantee that each and every mattress in every AirBnB in the world will be perfectly suited to a guest. You have provided the accommodation you promised-period. 

If she were sincere, she might have asked if you have a different mattress cover or bedding, or if she could somehow lower the air temperature in the bedroom. That fact that she's asking for a refund is an indication that this is complete BS. 

Tell her you'd be happy to shorten her stay so she can go sweat in somebody else's AirBnB. Jeez....

Thanks everyone for the input!  I have cotton sheets, the mattress cover is bamboo cotton so not to cause any sweating. I offered her to turn the air conditioner down I offered her an additional fan and when I offered her those she said oh I wasn’t never hot I was just sweating and it was from the mattress and I said so turning on a fan would’ve helped she was no I was never hot I was actually cold but I was sweating from the mattress. So she moved out immediately took her stuff this morning and left, I sent her a refundOf the unused portion of the remaining days. I know it was probably scamming but I just wanted her out of my house. 🤦‍♀️

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Debra519 

Best to get rid of her.

Maybe it was a medical condition, substance abuse or just BS, but in any case it’s not your problem and you shouldn’t have to deal with it.

Good riddance and better luck next time!

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Next time I'll bring my own mattress !

Emiel1_1-1636141893380.png